• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Nullson

Reaction score
Quote:
Those boots make me want to sell all the shoes in my closet to fund my next MTO.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EG would tick off all three with the 888/82 last, and their prices are about 30% cheaper than GG at retail prices (deducting the shoe trees included with GG and comparing like for like shoes).

Where are you finding Edward Green to be 30% cheaper than the equivalent Gaziano & Girling? Gaziano & Girling are more expensive than Edward Green but not anywhere close to what you're saying from what I can see. I only have one pair of Edward Green and would love to add more at the right price.

jas0nt

Reaction score
Actually I was using the prices on G&G's online shop to make my comparsion. They seem to be very inflated. When comparing EG and GG prices on Skoak's website they are very similar.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually I was using the prices on G&G's online shop to make my comparsion. They seem to be very inflated. When comparing EG and GG prices on Skoak's website they are very similar.

That's because shoe trees are included in the price everywhere but SkoAB and SkoAB is currently undervaluing the exchange rate and they have to adjust it by 10% or so. It should be in line with the shop prices after that.

Last edited:

Chowkin

Reaction score

That's because shoe trees are included in the price everywhere but SkoAB and SkoAB is currently undervaluing the exchange rate and they have to adjust it by 10% or so. It should be in line with the shop prices after that.

Why don't we compare G&G and EG at Skoak? SEK 6.240 vs SEK 5,920. Just 5.4% more

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the thing is there's like 5 shoes at SkoAB and I doubt those are the only 5 shoes people want. You buy anything else you need shoe trees and that raises prices from 1k to 1.3k

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^ Yeah we are overlooking our prices for both EG and G&G and also making adjustments for the weak SEK (£ and € has gone up like 10-15% during the last few months).

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Yeah we are overlooking our prices for both EG and G&G and also making adjustments for the weak SEK (£ and € has gone up like 10-15% during the last few months).

You let us know when the currency adjustment will take place, i might have another order for you before then... :lurk:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here comes Isham.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear Members,

A friendly reminder that there is 1 week until the commencement of this exclusive sample sale.

This is the first time G&G has ever discounted their illustrious products and I am sure that many of you are thrilled to hear this.

I know that many of you are not able to make it all of the way to London for this sale and I am sorry for that. For those of you that are, may I suggest that you attempt to come sooner rather than later as I can imagine that stock will go quick.

Just as an FYI there will be about 400 pairs of shoes to be sold between our 2 brands so it is not a sale to be missed!

I hope to see many of you there.

Sincerely,

Justin

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there is no hope of G width sizes, and proxy, then i'm out. But have at it gents, hope to see some pics by the end of this month... :slayer:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If there is no hope of G width sizes, and proxy, then i'm out. But have at it gents, hope to see some pics by the end of this month... :slayer:

Since it covers their seconds, I'm sure there should be a handful of G widths.

nmoore82

Reaction score
There's seconds too (I was somehow under the impression it was just samples)?

Nevertheless, will certainly be hoping to get there on the Thursday or the Friday. Hoping there's a maximum number of purchases per person to help steer eBay vendors from claiming all the good'uns.

Cor, this could turn into one amazing summer for shoes following the EG pop-up sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads