• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The DG70 needs to be seen in person to truly gauge whether or not it's too pointy for you. If you have never been turned off by a pointy last, then order the DG70, you should be pleased. If not, the safe bet would be the MH71 IMO...

Last edited:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like the almond toe...DG70 is your choice....

I prefer the TG73 to the MH71...but MH71 is very nice too...

Torsion

Reaction score
Thanks all for the opinions so far - I've not seen any G&G in the flesh yet so need to check them out asap! @wurger was checking out your quintessential thread and the MH71 does look great!

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of GG06, I have mine on today

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Torsion, just go with GG06 -- it's round but has enough shape and chiseling to make it pop. It's an underrated option here in style cyberspace.

I agree, I have couple of models on GG06. I never understood SF aversion to round shaped toes.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think most of SF are dandies at heart, so the chiseled / almond toed lasts are usually favored. In any case, i don't think it matters what last Torsion pics for his MTO, it's going to be a great looking shoe...

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a smaller size and rounder toed shoes tend too look off. I don't think I can pull off Deco but the DG70 or TG73 works just fine.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a smaller size and rounder toed shoes tend too look off. I don't think I can pull off Deco but the DG70 or TG73 works just fine.

That is valid response. I seem to have opposite problem. TG73 was just too narrow in the toe-box for me, so I went a half a size up and size 11 UK E looks off.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&G lasts are amazing... always a conflict between EG and G&G for me.

Do I really need a Canterbury in vintage rioja when I already have a Wigmore in that color... and I'm also trying to get a pair of EG Shannons...

Maybe I already have too many balmoral boots and I shouldn't pick up any more.

Anything to do to avoid writing reports for the next few hours.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ def go dark oak shannon over vintage rioja canterbury. my opinion at least

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads