• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Thank you...I appreciate that

Your welcome! maybe a tad more green than i would buy personally but who cares about me when you have such incredible shoes to look at... keep them coming please (oh and i very much enjoy looking at your blog)

Maximilian

Reaction score
I generally just lurk as I have nothing of use to add (as is indicated by that tiny number on the side) but I just felt I had to tell you that this thread has been a joy to go through for the last few days. I'm not of the ilk that can afford such shoes but if I ever come into money then I definitely think G&G will be at the top of my list.
Thanks for the photos guys, this thread truly deserves the "Shoe Appreciation" title. :slayer: :inlove:

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Quote:
Your welcome! maybe a tad more green than i would buy personally but who cares about me when you have such incredible shoes to look at... keep them coming please (oh and i very much enjoy looking at your blog)
Glad that you enjoy the blog Dave, thank you...

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found out I'll be in NYC late this week to fill a speaking engagement for the company president.

(Our Director of Marketing said I was chosen to fill in not just because I speak well but also because I am looking so spiffy these days. THANKS SF) It kinda surprised me actually, no one talks about clothes around here - but apparently it does indeed matter as much as I think it does.

But anyway - quick question - other than Leffot is there anywhere I can try on some G&Gs on the Deco last?

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think Leffot has any Deco shoes in stock. All Deco shoes are all made to order. However, all G&G sizes supposedly fit the same.

Leffot is the only NY store that carries G&G, fwiw.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think Leffot has any Deco shoes in stock. All Deco shoes are all made to order. However, all G&G sizes supposedly fit the same.
Leffot is the only NY store that carries G&G, fwiw.

Thank you,

Well, at least I can be properly fitted for G&G in general. I was aware that there would be no stock on hand to actually purchase from the Deco collection. But wondered if perhaps they might have a few samples and or 'fit models' for the Deco last around, but it's not a huge deal for me. I'm usually easy to fit.

Sounds like I need to contact Leffot directly for more detail.

Thanks again for the information.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

liked those before, but prefer more rounded now. would trend toward the GG06 and the MH71

With the exception of Deco, I would have to agree.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score

Thank you,
Well, at least I can be properly fitted for G&G in general. I was aware that there would be no stock on hand to actually purchase from the Deco collection. But wondered if perhaps they might have a few samples and or 'fit models' for the Deco last around, but it's not a huge deal for me. I'm usually easy to fit.
Sounds like I need to contact Leffot directly for more detail.
Thanks again for the information.

I would contact Leffot to see if they have your size in any G&G shoes. I've been in the shop a handful of times and only once did they have my size in stock in any of the G&G shoes they offer (I'm a UK10). It's my impression that they sell through fairly quickly and as with most G&G sellers, it can be a long wait until more arrive. Even if they don't have your size in G&G shoes though, you should definitely make the trip -- It's a great store.

Last edited:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would contact Leffot to see if they have your size in any G&G shoes. I've been in the shop a handful of times and only once did they have my size in stock in any of the G&G shoes they offer (I'm a UK10). It's my impression that they sell through fairly quickly and as with most G&G sellers, it can be a long wait until more arrive. Even if they don't have your size in G&G shoes though, you should definitely make the trip -- It's a great store.

Thank you. There are several makers/models that I want to see first hand. Atlanta, where I live, is a vast wasteland when it comes to shoes. And since I don't have any experience with G&G I want to order my first pair, at least, via a store. They will measure, fit and assume some responsibility if the fit isn't bearable. I'm not hard to fit but shoes with strong shapes tend to be less forgiving.

Not worried about lead time or waiting.........it's not like I don't have anything to wear...........:embar:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, rebranded G&G can also be found at the RL Mansion and at Paul Stuart.

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can stick around until next wednesday, Dean will be there at Leffot from 10 to 6.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads