1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Definitely pulling trigger on those G&G jodhpurs have been eyeing one for a while either suede or calf but saw its coming in September to soak :)

2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Sounds to me like maintenance of that finishing would certainly be a key advantage if applied during the tanning process and that certainly would make sense.

3. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I need to stop buying shoes.

Thanks

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

That makes sense, pretty difficult to stop when the temptation here is so great.

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

By the way I am digging your last G&G purchase well done sir. It's addictimg lol

6. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

So true

Thanks, and St. James were a dream realized and the Fairmont filled a hole.

7. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I messed up once & passed when I diidnt know better on St James kudu not happening again on these st James pearl beauty you should get it while it's hot. To,go with your fairmont if you don't all ready own pearl beauty.

8. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

It is difficult to tell from that pic but if its hatch grain, it could be chrome-tanned calf leather boarded or printed; corrected grain.

9. armsignet

armsignet Senior member

Black hatch grain calf. It is a standard leather for MTO. You don't see it in RTW often, but G&G has a pair of Wigmores in "black Alpine" RTW on their website. It looks the same has black hatch to me. Very tempting.

http://www.gazianogirling.com/collections/boots/products/wigmore-black-alpine

10. armsignet

armsignet Senior member

That is irresponsible. The only alternative is theft.

1 person likes this.
  11. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

:

:rotflmao:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  12. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

:brick:
    :stirpot:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  13. mw313

mw313 Senior member

It is great that we have he GMTO st James in pearl grey through but I was hoping we would have more time because I am still waiting on my Kudu Thorpe on the MH71 so I can figure out if my new narrow width and size combo will be enough or if I will need another width more narrow.

I want in but u dint want it risk this pair not being narrow enough. If the Thorpe are a bit wide at least I can wear boot socks under. That isn't going to happen with st James so I'm a bit worried.
    Do we have an estimate on the kudu Thorpe then?

14. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Make it retroactive and sign me up... I'm like practically there this year. Think the Pearl Grey might be the 12th.

15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I have heard the 890 is a bit more generous than say the 202/82, but wrt to EG 82 vs GG MH71, my own experience trying on each:

202/82 — 7.5E
    MH71 — 7F

I didn't get to try the TG73, but SA insisted I would be the same size as with the MH71. I don't completely buy that, given what I've read about the TG73 toe box and my wide feet with high instep.

16. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

That is very interesting we both have same experience but they, opposite of each other. I have two TG73 last take same size and I placed a same size order for MH71 which I have never tried. And yes SA was right you would take 7F on MH71 last that is general rule of thumb depending upon how Tg73 last fits you. If you have wide feet you may go up,to 7.5

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  17. lightseason

lightseason Active Member

Just received a new pair of Warwick with Deco last, price is good just the normal RTW price and no customs duty to US. The Deco last looks really nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Not sure how you managed to get Deco Last at regular RTW prices, but those look great.

Congrats!!!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  19. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Conggrates lightseason were did you buy that from?

20. lightseason

lightseason Active Member

This one is on GG's online shop, so you can order it from retailers as RTW price, but not all the retailers will do that, I asked Skoak, but I was told they are not allowed to pull stock inventory for the none Deco style on Deco last, then I asked another retailer in US, they can do that and the price is almost the same as Skoak's. Warwick is the only style on Deco last on GG's website now, hope could come more.