• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

hst

Reaction score
Same with my MTO. No sign of when it will be ready.

addedfuel

Reaction score
I ordered brown hatch grain single monk on TG73 last. I was informed a 4 month delivery but now 10 months. I was informed their new factory and store caused the delay and now according to some posters here - hatch grain from tannery.

I understand delays happen but 10 months is upsetting and lack of communication is worse.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is rough, I empathize.

I hope GG gets their MTO timelines straightened out soon, or explains if hatch grain is still an issue. Hopefully I can expect my current MTO by the 6 month deadline of September...

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered my MTO in March...I think...can't remember honestly...but the estimated date for shipping was July.

We shall see!

Mine were Deco's...not sure if production time varies for benchgrade vs Deco...I dono if they have different people making them, etc.

itraxx

Reaction score
I placed my MTO order at the end of February with a 2-3 month delivery estimate. Still haven't received an update on progress. It's a little bit frustrating.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a pair of Antibes but I was able to pick up RL's version... too similar to keep? The major difference is the apron and leather (RL is less finished, thus lighter like Doak vs. burnt pine). Thoughts?
14418887424_5b61fb4ce5.jpg
14418887094_be118422de.jpg

Last edited:

addedfuel

Reaction score
I emailed G&G today:
"There is a growing voice on Styleforum regarding your MTO delays. I originally ordered my shoes in October 2013 expected delivery in Feb 2014. Now 8 months on, I still don't have my shoes and Leatherfoot informed me I can expect them in Aug 2014, a full 10 months from my order.

I appreciate the shoes and understand there are delays in business but a 3-4 months original ETA to the current 10 months is very frustrating. Worse is there is lack of communication, either on your facebok/blog or the retailers.

I am not he only one troubled by this and hope you guys address it. I really look forward to your new designs but I refuse to order anything until I receive my shoes and realistic time frame for future MTO shoes."

Will update with any response.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a pair of Antibes but I was able to pick up RL's version... too similar to keep? The major difference is the apron and leather (RL is less finished, thus lighter like Doak vs. burnt pine). Thoughts?
14418887424_5b61fb4ce5.jpg

14418887094_be118422de.jpg

I'm totally biased because I am the same size as you and like the look of them, so you should get rid of them ;).

But on a serious note I have a few pairs of shoes that are very similar. For me it depends on the style. If it is a staple shoe in a basic color that I see myself wearing in a few years I will keep it ( I have two pairs of black loafers sitting in my closet unworn). I figure at worst I put it in the box and will take them out when my current pair finally cannot be resoled any longer or is no longer fit for formal wear. Given the increase in the cost of these shoes year over year it's actually not a bad thing to do financially speaking.

Thus your best option is probably to plan to keep them, but keep them boxed and try to sell them a little over what you paid for the time being. If they don't sell for that price you keep them indefinitely.

jdanielca

Reaction score

I emailed G&G today:
"There is a growing voice on Styleforum regarding your MTO delays. I originally ordered my shoes in October 2013 expected delivery in Feb 2014. Now 8 months on, I still don't have my shoes and Leatherfoot informed me I can expect them in Aug 2014, a full 10 months from my order.

I appreciate the shoes and understand there are delays in business but a 3-4 months original ETA to the current 10 months is very frustrating. Worse is there is lack of communication, either on your facebok/blog or the retailers.

I am not he only one troubled by this and hope you guys address it. I really look forward to your new designs but I refuse to order anything until I receive my shoes and realistic time frame for future MTO shoes."

I wonder if the delays happen if you order direct from them, maybe they are not giving priority to orders from dealers, naturally they are not making as much for those orders.

armsignet

Reaction score
I emailed G&G today:

Well put. Captures my thoughts on the matter. I am happy for G&G's growth, and I hope they sort these issues soon.

agedashidofu

Reaction score
Ok I finally got news on my MTO after almost 7 months and it's ready to ship. Problem os that they got the color wrong...hmmm

Not sure now if I'm willing to wait for another 7 months, but at the same time I can't help feeling really frustrated!!!

dlind

Reaction score
Ok I finally got news on my MTO after almost 7 months and it's ready to ship. Problem os that they got the color wrong...hmmm

Not sure now if I'm willing to wait for another 7 months, but at the same time I can't help feeling really frustrated!!!
That should warrant some substantial financial compensation from G&G in my opinion.

jdanielca

Reaction score

Wrong as in totally wrong like you ask for red they made it in blue or is the shade not what you wanted

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads