• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
DSC_0032-1.jpg

I stand corrected, those are the fiyah

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
DSC_0028-1.jpg

In this image there looks like there is a mark next to the cap toe on the boot to the right? Looks like a dent - or is it just the white gable of a house?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaves
Barclay in Burgundy Cordovan. MH71.

would like to see them GG06

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
...together with 5 other pairs (I went a little overboard with Nick).

this will sadden philipp, i guess
laugh.gif

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
lol i dont think you can ever go too over board, so what is coming??

I forgot about a pair
blush.gif

Cambridge cedar suede MH71
Oxford black DG70
Grant vintage rioja MH71
St James polo suede TG73
Hove vintage oak DG70
Arran vintage oak MH71
St James vintage oak MH71

Originally Posted by fritzl
this will sadden philipp, i guess
laugh.gif

Not at all! I've been wearing my first MTO to see how they break in. I have the material swatches in hand and will place an order soon.
fing02[1].gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not at all! I've been wearing my first MTO to see how they break in. I have the material swatches in hand and will place an order soon.
fing02[1].gif

great, keep us updated and give me a note, when you're in town
cheers.gif

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot about a pair
blush.gif

Cambridge cedar suede MH71
Oxford black DG70
Grant vintage rioja MH71
St James polo suede TG73
Hove vintage oak DG70
Arran vintage oak MH71
St James vintage oak MH71

No interest in trying their bespoke service? It sounds like their turn around for their bespoke is getting just as fast as their MTO, if not faster.

rrothsch

Reaction score
I Just ordered 2 pairs MTO from Tony Gaziano when he was in town to show off the new Deco line. I ordered the Oxford in black calf on the TG73 last which can be seen here: http://www.bespoke-england.co.uk/col...-in-black-calf and the St James in vintage oak calf on the TG73 Last. I was quoted an estimated wait time of 5 months on my MTO purchase. Tony really tried his best to sell me bespoke but that was a little rich for my budget at $3,500 per pair. The timeframe he said would be about 10 months for bespoke but I don't know if the wait is so long because this would be the next time Tony is in the US.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Gotta get me a pair of these when I get the chance. They have a very Nucky Thompson vibe which appeals to me.

alphaO888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaves
I just recieved an order for a Deco Cooper in Black Stingray. Man I can't wait to post it. In about 4-5 months or so.
smile.gif

How much is the upcharge on G&G sting rays?

I'm currently testing with more exotic leathers.. should be getting in partial alligator G&G's later this week!

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
No interest in trying their bespoke service? It sounds like their turn around for their bespoke is getting just as fast as their MTO, if not faster.

I'm pretty fortunate that their stock lasts fit me really well, so bespoke would be diminishing returns for me. I'll be going to the SF trunk show this weekend, though, looking forward to seeing the Deco range in person - if for nothing else so I can figure out how pointy the last is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads