• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

sd2002

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am newbie to the forum and was looking for help. I am thinking about ordering the G&G deco cooper. Now I don't know my size in G&G and you can't find them where I live. My options is to contact them and try and figure it out or wait until June when I am back in Toronto and order through Leatherfoot?
Considering that is a significant investment does any one have opinion on that? Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am newbie to the forum and was looking for help. I am thinking about ordering the G&G deco cooper. Now I don't know my size in G&G and you can't find them where I live. My options is to contact them and try and figure it out or wait until June when I am back in Toronto and order through Leatherfoot?
Considering that is a significant investment does any one have opinion on that? Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers
They are very true to UK size, if you are consistent through the manufacturers or know some size differences between lasts. I`d contact Nick, and order through him. He gives fine advice. Bespoke England is the way to go...

Chowkin

Reaction score

They are very true to UK size, if you are consistent through the manufacturers or know some size differences between lasts. I`d contact Nick, and order through him. He gives fine advice. Bespoke England is the way to go...

+1. Nick is exceptional in his knowledge and service. I bought all my G&Gs through him

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
St. James II in Vintage Cherry from Skoaktiebolaget. Also got Red Burgol polish and travel shoe trees which are really light and pretty solid fit

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Grail shoe alert! :slayer:

That shoe looks good even in the MH71 last (which is think is the one Skaoktiebolaget carries)...

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
congrats stevent. i agree i like the mh71 over tg73. makes for a better balanced and proportioned looking shoe imo

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

congrats stevent. i agree i like the mh71 over tg73. makes for a better balanced and proportioned looking shoe imo

You know, i use to think that it was an angular model that complimented the TG73. Looking at it again, it has some nice curves in the broguing that lend themselves well to the slightly rounded MH71. I would love either version though...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads