• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

dlind

Reaction score
Excellent! Cambridge is a great shoe, I wore my Vintage Oak pair yesterday. Can't wait to see yours in Cedar.
For a business shoe i'd say it's close to perfect!

dlind

Reaction score
Ok here we go, my first pair of G&G: Vintage Cedar, MH71, F Width. Purchased by Sko Aktiebolaget, great guys and great service!

G

Griffindork

^ those look great. does someone in england save money by purchasing GG in sweden (which would be amazing) or did you buy from Skoaktiebolaget because they were able to get you what you wanted faster?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes, and the Skoaktie shoe trees are probably the nicest looking on the market

dlind

Reaction score
^ those look great. does someone in england save money by purchasing GG in sweden (which would be amazing) or did you buy from Skoaktiebolaget because they were able to get you what you wanted faster?
Thanks! I think it's pretty much the same, I purchased this pair from SkoAB because they had the style I wanted and while I live in England I am originally from Sweden and I was back home visiting.

Beautiful shoes, and the Skoaktie shoe trees are probably the nicest looking on the market
They are awesome and they fit the MH71 last like a dream!

jssdc

Reaction score

It looks like Skoak doesn't do the force-you-to-buy-an-overpriced-shoetree BS like G&G direct does.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lovely

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I think it's pretty much the same, I purchased this pair from SkoAB because they had the style I wanted and while I live in England I am originally from Sweden and I was back home visiting.

It's good to hear that.

dlind

Reaction score
Not now. They will by the end of this month if i recall correctly.
I guess they can sell the stock they have without the G&G shoe trees but once they start to order new stock they will include trees.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks! I think it's pretty much the same, I purchased this pair from SkoAB because they had the style I wanted and while I live in England I am originally from Sweden and I was back home visiting.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for shopping with us!

Not now. They will by the end of this month if i recall correctly.

For MTOs we will sell only including trees. Our stock shoes are available without trees until further notice. We are low on GG stock at the moment but have several restocks incoming.

Last edited:

Staffer18283

Reaction score
I wonder if you will be restocking the Gable in mh71...that is one killer model.

Am glad to have ordered my size last week before it ran out :)

If this one fits ok, I may have a TG73 of some sort also heading inwards soon.

LeSacre

Reaction score
Decos acquired
biggrin.gif

Thanks, ****

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads