• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

griffon_id

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'd like to get:

Cooper
Gatsby
Gable - want this one in british racing green
Rothschild
Fairmont
Wiltshire
Uppingham
Windsor/single monk
Grosvenor/Mayfair
Oakham
Arran
Another Wigmore

I think a GMTO Arran might be an easy sell...

So...if a bunch of other people would like to get down on any of these...i'm probably in

I am game for any of the models above.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there is at least x2 people interested in another proposed model & make-up, I'll try to work up a quick mock-up.

I'll repost the mock-ups I made for my proposed MTO's in a bit...

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted this up in the Australian thread.

While G&G makes top class goodyear welt shoes. What I find strange is that a new company like G&G can charge more than EG even though doesn't have the same heritage and brand power. My only conclusion is the craze of igents on forums like this, driving the demand of luxury consumables.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I posted this up in the Australian thread.

While G&G makes top class goodyear welt shoes. What I find strange is that a new company like G&G can charge more than EG even though doesn't have the same heritage and brand power. My only conclusion is the craze of igents on forums like this, driving the demand of luxury consumables.

I love GG's style, but this will probably be the only MTO I place with them this year (while we see how the new policies and prices pan out).

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, so my two proposed make-ups that received interest are as follows:

GG Hove, in oak hatch grain, dark brown welt (will consider last options, but prefer MH71)

GG Oakham, in navy hatch grain / midnight blue, brass buckles & dark brown welt (will consider last options, but prefer TG73)

To be fair, there are no pattern changes that would come into effect of the new policy, but i would like to do a GMTO before the price increase. Another considerations is who to place the GMTO with, i would favor the better exchange rate.

As stated, if anyone has a make-up idea (and at least x2 people are interested) i'll make a quick mock-up, provided that it is not a make-up with widely available pics. So, have at it gents, lets see those ideas... :lurk:

dlind

Reaction score
that blue Oakham is insane, but in a very good way indeed!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
If only money grew on trees.....

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though I already have a Wigmore I'd be interested in another one.

Wigmore (Here):
Hatch grain (some shade of brown but navy would be interesting)
Replace the medallion with a stitched wingtip like the one on the Connaught (here)
HAF soles though I'm open to alternatives.

Essentially a austerity brogue balmoral boot.

I'm open to adding broguing as well to the wingtip and along the "throat" where the downward stitched 'V' is. Broguing could be the finer version like on the Westminster here or coarser like on the Rothschild here. We can also maybe increase the height of the shaft to add another pair of eyelets or two if we really want to get our money's worth. :)

Anyone got some really crazy make-ups they want to throw out there? Now's the time.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even though I already have a Wigmore I'd be interested in another one.

Wigmore (Here):
Hatch grain (some shade of brown but navy would be interesting)
Replace the medallion with a stitched wingtip like the one on the Connaught (here)
HAF soles though I'm open to alternatives.

Essentially a austerity brogue balmoral boot.

I'm open to adding broguing as well to the wingtip and along the "throat" where the downward stitched 'V' is. Broguing could be the finer version like on the Westminster here or coarser like on the Rothschild here. We can also maybe increase the height of the shaft to add another pair of eyelets or two if we really want to get our money's worth. :)

Anyone got some really crazy make-ups they want to throw out there? Now's the time.
I'd be in for that in a heavily antiqued brown

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im game for the hove or the oakham or both or the wigmore or all 3

on a side track...here are some comparisons of rioja vs burgundy...i hope the lighting is acceptable...

canterbury - rioja
westminster - burgundy

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would definitely be down for the blue on blue oakhams

or that blue on blue make up on a wigmore...

Could not resist making the Wigmore version of the Navy hatch & Midnight calf combo:

I would be all over this if my last two MTO weren't Wigmore variants...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads