• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jub is that yours? If so is that shell or calf on the bottom? Looks stunning

Yes, and just some humble calf.

From my humble experiences with shell, I don't care for it really. I know, blasphemous.

Maybe time will change my mind...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
until you try on a pair in person, you will not fall in love. i never wanted shell until i tried on my first pair. now i love it.

those shoes of yours are really fantastic.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, and just some humble calf.

From my humble experiences with shell, I don't care for it really. I know, blasphemous.

Maybe time will change my mind...

Congrats JS! Personally I only wear shell for more casual lasted boots. I think calf really matches better with sharper lasts.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
beautiful bot JS. they look stunning in these pics. how did you size? tg73?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it looks great. G&G does excellent work with wide fits

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
G width only available MTO (any model), i emailed GG just to make sure there was no RTW G width option...

Last edited:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bespoke England says "Made to Order system will permit you to choose trees of your choice but will not add this to your final price.
This offer will finish at the end of November".

Here are 3 pics of shoes by MTO I have got from Bespoke England,
Deco Cliffe in Vintage Rioja, DG70 Grosvenor in Navy, and KN14 Corniche in Burgundy combo.

You could enjoy G&G shoes especially in MTO service,
because they allow us much wider choices than other famous shoe makers.
As you might see, the Cliffe and Grosvenor shoes include different details from their original design.

Now is the good period to try first G&G MTO because of free shoe trees and shipping service, I think.

I really like the first 2 shoes ... beautiful form and beautiful finishes ... congratulations

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah okay, thanks!

I wonder if it counts when I make special orders (for F width) through Nick that take 3 months for delivery.. 

I would check with Nick. If it's a simple RTW restock order, he has been known to carry F width. But, if you indeed places a MTO shoe with him (you would know by the price and leather choice options), you have access to their G width option (albeit, the website doesn't show G width as a MTO option).

Last edited:

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just passed through Savile Row today, and these premises, 39 Savile Row, will become the new G&G's store:

Although the shop is empty and the shop-fitters haven't started yet, there are a few G&G catalogues displayed in the window.

So I conclude: "That must be it!"

Last edited:

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just passed through Savile Row today, and these premises, 39 Savile Row, will become the new G&G's store:

Although the shop is empty and the shop-fitters haven't started yet, there are a few G&G catalogues displayed in the window.

So I conclude: "That must be it!"

Definitely an upgrade for that space.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads