• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Isbister

Reaction score
I think they might get a few more customers if they offered some sensible pricing. At the last G&G trunkshow, the asking price for an MTO was close to 900pounds and you have to ask yourself what you might be getting here that you could not get from an outstanding reseller like Bespoke England. The venue was the 4 seasons and the entire event came across as being very snooty...a bit of a turnoff for those who see through such affectation.

A proper fitting, for one thing. But the trunk show is also for bespoke customers.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dark brown grain, MH71 and double dainite.

Frank

G&G has many kinds of grain. I cannot determine is that in your picture highland grain or alpine grain? It was a great choice but the way I am thinking about getting the same chukka but I have not decided which grain. Pin, highland or alpine grain. They are all great colors.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget GG's hatch grain :)

So, if hatch grain is an implemented texture on otherwise smooth leather, is grain leather a natural occurrence or also implemented?

This might be a better question for the Leather Thread...

Isbister

Reaction score
Don't forget GG's hatch grain
smile.gif

So, if hatch grain is an implemented texture on otherwise smooth leather, is grain leather a natural occurrence or also implemented?

This might be a better question for the Leather Thread...

Such grain is almost always stamped into the leather at the tannery by means of heavy rollers. Historically there were other ways of imparting grain, but it is not really a natural occurrence.

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There are also natural grain skins available. For example this MTO Arran is Mountain Ram which has a heavy grain texture. Because these animals fight in the wild the surface often has flaws such as scratches and scars. Grains which have been purpose made don't have the flaws which makes it more uniform to use and is often more suitable for the refined and sleeker design of G&G styles.

ysevesyb.jpg

tuqe7u6u.jpg

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are also natural grain skins available. For example this MTO Arran is Mountain Ram which has a heavy grain texture. Because these animals fight in the wild the surface often has flaws such as scratches and scars. Grains which have been purpose made don't have the flaws which makes it more uniform to use and is often more suitable for the refined and sleeker design of G&G styles.

Nick, any upcharge on that leather? Looks amazing

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick welcome back if you could take pictures G&G grain leathers just like did with suedes we would greatly appreciate it

emiristol

Reaction score
Are the G&G lasted shoe trees worth it? I'm a little skeptical about paying >130 USD a pair

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ysevesyb.jpg
tuqe7u6u.jpg

I handled the swatch for this today, among other "exotics." You can almost feel the wild fights.

Seriously though, G&G is carrying some pretty damned interesting skins now.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are the G&G lasted shoe trees worth it? I'm a little skeptical about paying >130 USD a pair

Even the most versed on this forum are unsure of the quantifiable benefits of lasted shoe trees. That aside, they obviously will fill your GGs like no other tree, and give the usual benefits associated with shoe trees. As an added bonus, they look like a work of art...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like to have them because they are beautiful. :inlove:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads