1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

gorgeous combinations! super stuff man :slayer:

what color is the lining?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

love the sole work, your makeup reminds me of my canterbury. love all your makeups agedashidofu; classic stuff with a twist

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

That Thorpe is badass. Full specs?

4. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Wow...I would never get anything done staring at the depth of color and shape of those.

5. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Looks absolutely flawless. Wear in good health.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Where have you been!? I've been pm'ing you!

7. laufer

laufer Senior member

This will be probably another GMTO. It looks magnificent, I especially like white stitching.

8. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Thank you, all.

agedashidofu, those waists are just about as close as wearable. Mad skills at the G&G factory. I wonder how long it takes to sculpt and finish leather to such extent.

rydenfan, what specs do you need? My message and shoe box photo show all.

Ridgeway is the best smart sole unit I've tried. Dainite is slippery in winter and also hard, Commando packs snow and stones, crepe has a tendency to crack. Vibram's Eton is also wonderful but I can't yet say how it ages and handles winter.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

So sorry. Been offline with some family stuff and way behind. Will check it out right now

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Seemed like some additional specs like white stitching, eyelet etc.

11. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

I love the st james II in like every color but this one is truly special. Great job! Is this your favorite adelaide from the various makers?

12. ino68

ino68 Senior member

Perfectly badass boots! They look like the combat boots of a secret guild of gentleman assassins :)

13. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Senior member

Thanks Namor. It's vintage Rioja. I have since regretted this and wished I had chosen vintage cherry instead. Btw I really like the sole makeup of your canterburry.

@Shouldaville & Jas0nt: thanks gentlemen!
    @Vraivio: yup - mad skills for sure. I over-pronate when I walk - so I really appreciate the deep arch / waist of the shoes. They're perfect.
    @Ironist: yes - this is my favorite adelaide so far...what really surprised me was the finishing quality of the shells. Horween's shells are notorious for having a lot of imperfections but I can tell that the folks at GG had spent a lot of time on these (also for making sure that the caps and heel counters - left and right - have the same shade of undertones. I have a lot of horween shell shoes - but this one has the best finishing I have ever seen.

Nick was also extremely helpful throughout the process - and I know it wasn't easy (folks at GG do not typically like to work with shells - for good reasons.

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

If those were 6.5E, I'd give Ironist a run for them! Hmmm, thick socks...

How's the fit going? I know the 6.5E wasn't optimal for you?

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG]

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i agreee vintage cherry would give it just a little more pop but this is a nitpicky detai. incredible nonetheless

17. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Still unsure. The 6.5E Hoves have broken in nicely and I don't use an insole or tongue pad with them. I think they might be better if they had more eyelets so I could get a more secure fit as they tend to become loose once the shoelaces start to unravel a little. There's heel slip once that happens but if I can lace them up all the way and as tight as possible it is fine. I have a pair of 6.5E Wigmores coming in any day now so we'll see.

The Sinatra's at 6E are probably as tight as I could go and still be comfortable. The instep has the biggest V and it has less toe room than the 6F which is more relaxed but has no heel slip due to length. Not sure if that means 6F is ideal or not but the V on it is very slight. I could kind of feel my pinky toe touching the shoe so I think it might be slightly short but we'll see after I have a few more wears. Very hard for me to nail down the ideal with RTW as it seems I could go with any of them but they just feel slightly off.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  18. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Sharp!!

1 person likes this.
  19. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Part from the Sketchers and Lobb boots, they're the only pair of shoes I owm

I just have hypersensitive feet [​IMG][​IMG]

20. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Would anyone consider Oakhams in dark navy? Would love a gmto on that.