• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick for that last comparison. G&G only looks elongated in front/side pictures but is really not the case in person or from a top-down view. I like MH71 the best; DG70 toe cap size seems to be ill proportioned.

BTW, the proportion of that Deco's toe cap design looks too small in my opinion.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW, the proportion of that Deco's toe cap design looks too small in my opinion.

I found it works really well with my narrow feet... Now if only that order would arrive.

Maybe it'll be a present when Tony gets here for the Autumn trunk show.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, since I don't see it up here yet...

We are delighted to announce that we will be visiting the United States of America with our latest bespoke and made-to-order collections from the 10th - 20th October 2011.

If you are interested in making an appointment for the dates below please contact Tony Gaziano or Dean Girling by e-mail - [email protected] or [email protected] or call +44 1536 511022, if you are interested in calling by on the day please contact the hotel asking to be put through to our room.

Dean Girling will be Visiting:

Chicago
Despos
(Please contact Dean or Chris Despos for an appointment)
34 East Oak Street
Third Floor
Chicago, IL 60611
Corner of Oak Street & Rush Street
[email protected]

Tel: 312-944-8833

Monday 10th October 2011 10am - 6pm
Tuesday 11th October 2011 10am - 12 noon

New York
Leffot
(Please contact Steven Taffel for an appointment)
10 Christopher Street
New York
NY 10014
Corner of Gay Street
[email protected]

Tel: 212-989-4577

Wednesday 12th October 2011 10am - 6pm

New York
The Benjamin
(Bespoke only)
125 East 50th Street
New York
NY 10022

Tel: 212-715-2500 or 1-866-222-BENJ

Thursday 13th October 2011 9am - 6pm
Friday 14th October 2011 9am - 6pm

Tony Gaziano will be visiting:

San Francisco
Wilkes Bashford
(Please contact Wilkes Bashford for an appointment)
375 Sutter Street
CA 94108

Tel: 415-986-4380

Saturday 15th October 2011 10am - 6pm

San Francisco
The Huntington
1075 California Street
Nob Hill
CA 94108

Tel: 415-474-5400

Sunday 16th October 2011 12 noon - 6pm
Monday 17th October 2011 10am - 5pm

Los Angeles
Beverley Wilshire Hotel
9500 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills
CA 90212

Tel: 310-275-5200

Tuesday 18th October 2011 10am - 6pm
Wednesday 19th October 10am - 12 noon

Dallas
Despos
(Please contact Chris [email protected] or Tony for an appointment)
2600 Cole Avenue
Dallas
TX 75204-0953

Tel: 312-944-8833

Thursday 20th October 2011 10am - 6pm

Yours sincerely,

Tony Gaziano & Dean Girling

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is another post a few back with the different lasts labeled which shows it from the other angle. Don't know if it's on another page usually because I set my post count per page to 40. There it's on the left though. Makes me feel right.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i find the rioja quite formal a tone and i dont think i could wear with light tones but it depnds on your own style

how versatile would you sat the vintage oak is, and what colors would you say it works well with?
how versatile would you sat the vintage oak is,...

extremly versatile...
extremly versatile...

you may have just made a sale for nick at bespoke england.

as the big man said VO is perhaps G&G or EG's for that matter most versitle color as it can be lightened or darkened depending on situation, the trouble with VR is that it is a black antique so IMO it does not make it as versitile as VO whihc will be a dark borwn antique - so it should be easier to dress up or down depending on you

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

iknowrite!! so sexy

as the big man said VO is perhaps G&G or EG's for that matter most versitle color as it can be lightened or darkened depending on situation, the trouble with VR is that it is a black antique so IMO it does not make it as versitile as VO whihc will be a dark borwn antique - so it should be easier to dress up or down depending on you

thanks luk. well looks like the purchase is pretty much sealed. waiting for something to come through in a week or two first and then i think i pull the trigger :bounce2:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vintage Rioja is black antique? I could never understand that 'vintage rioja' color...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Vintage Rioja is black antique? I could never understand that 'vintage rioja' color...
yes they use black waxes and creams for the antiquing process as with racing greena and midnight too - FYR EG do the same

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

iknowrite!! so sexy

thanks luk. well looks like the purchase is pretty much sealed. waiting for something to come through in a week or two first and then i think i pull the trigger :bounce2:

what are you thinking of getting??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads