1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Looks pretty soft and fluffy.

Oh, the shoes?

2. Nullson

Nullson Well-Known Member

Quote:Those boots make me want to sell all the shoes in my closet to fund my next MTO.

3. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Where are you finding Edward Green to be 30% cheaper than the equivalent Gaziano & Girling? Gaziano & Girling are more expensive than Edward Green but not anywhere close to what you're saying from what I can see. I only have one pair of Edward Green and would love to add more at the right price.

4. jas0nt

jas0nt Senior member

Actually I was using the prices on G&G's online shop to make my comparsion. They seem to be very inflated. When comparing EG and GG prices on Skoak's website they are very similar.

5. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

That's because shoe trees are included in the price everywhere but SkoAB and SkoAB is currently undervaluing the exchange rate and they have to adjust it by 10% or so. It should be in line with the shop prices after that.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  6. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

Why don't we compare G&G and EG at Skoak? SEK 6.240 vs SEK 5,920. Just 5.4% more

7. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Well the thing is there's like 5 shoes at SkoAB and I doubt those are the only 5 shoes people want. You buy anything else you need shoe trees and that raises prices from 1k to 1.3k

8. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Soft and fluffy, thanks.
    :D
    Maybe we can trade. :)

9. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

^^ Yeah we are overlooking our prices for both EG and G&G and also making adjustments for the weak SEK (£ and € has gone up like 10-15% during the last few months).

10. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

You let us know when the currency adjustment will take place, i might have another order for you before then... :lurk:

11. laufer

laufer Senior member

[​IMG]

Here comes Isham.

5 people like this.
  12. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Dear Members,

A friendly reminder that there is 1 week until the commencement of this exclusive sample sale.

This is the first time G&G has ever discounted their illustrious products and I am sure that many of you are thrilled to hear this.

I know that many of you are not able to make it all of the way to London for this sale and I am sorry for that. For those of you that are, may I suggest that you attempt to come sooner rather than later as I can imagine that stock will go quick.

Just as an FYI there will be about 400 pairs of shoes to be sold between our 2 brands so it is not a sale to be missed!

I hope to see many of you there.

Sincerely,

Justin

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. JubeiSpiegel

If there is no hope of G width sizes, and proxy, then i'm out. But have at it gents, hope to see some pics by the end of this month... :slayer:

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Since it covers their seconds, I'm sure there should be a handful of G widths.

15. nmoore82

nmoore82 Senior member

There's seconds too (I was somehow under the impression it was just samples)?

Nevertheless, will certainly be hoping to get there on the Thursday or the Friday. Hoping there's a maximum number of purchases per person to help steer eBay vendors from claiming all the good'uns.

Cor, this could turn into one amazing summer for shoes following the EG pop-up sale.

16. JubeiSpiegel

If someone cares to proxy for any 10.5 G width shoes, let me know... :embar:

17. rc121

rc121 Senior member

or a 7.5/8 G width :)

18. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

Apparently the first pair made for my recent MTO were rejected by quality control. So if anyone is on the lookout for St. James II, vintage rioja, TG73 10E, you may want to pay a visit to the sale!

1 person likes this.
  19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

May have misunderstood if everyone else didn't think there are seconds; maybe Justin can confirm.

20. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

No misunderstanding. There will be seconds, as well as odd stock (which are firsts).

1 person likes this.