• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ima go out ona limb and say gaziano and girling?

LeSacre

Reaction score
Name that shoe:

I'm going with Grant in Vintage Rioja on TG73. Am I right??
biggrin.gif

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: unbel scooped me by 2 minutes on his own story.

Nice write up and phenomenal choice - I think you surprised a great deal of people.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice choice, umbelragazzo!

Go big or go home... :slayer:

Last edited:

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about doing a Rogers in black calf/suede croc

ElementHU

Reaction score
So I started off a couple of months ago with no G&G's...now with the arrival of these 2 babies, I'm up to 6 pairs. What's become of me?

Nonetheless, shout out to Nick for such outstanding service...I got these faster from him in England than I get most things here in the States. These both add a touch of red to a budding shoe collection that had none until today and I couldn't be happier with both. I thought I'd love the Rioja Arrans more, but these Cherry Burnhams are just the ****! Oh and getting the 3 piece boot trees as part of a special deal was just icing on the cake. Nick, you are a true and proper gentleman!

I'm too lazy to take proper pics and the crappy lighting does them NO justice, but these should suffice for now. :satisfied:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had seen a pic of someone's makeup with espresso calf and mole suede combo and fell in love with it.

But, I'm thinking of a dark cognac shell with mole suede combo sans the medallion.

I would stick with calfskin. Shell is best for a captoe or wingtip imo

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Btw, congrats on the burnham and the Arran

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

So I started off a couple of months ago with no G&G's...now with the arrival of these 2 babies, I'm up to 6 pairs. What's become of me?

Nonetheless, shout out to Nick for such outstanding service...I got these faster from him in England than I get most things here in the States. These both add a touch of red to a budding shoe collection that had none until today and I couldn't be happier with both. I thought I'd love the Rioja Arrans more, but these Cherry Burnhams are just the ****! Oh and getting the 3 piece boot trees as part of a special deal was just icing on the cake. Nick, you are a true and proper gentleman!

I'm too lazy to take proper pics and the crappy lighting does them NO justice, but these should suffice for now. :satisfied:

Talk to me when you're on you 3rd dozen. It is an addiction my friend. Welcome to the club. Welcome indeed!
Nick is the TRUE gentleman's Gentleman.

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads