• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

ElementHU

Reaction score
In the end, if the shell Canterburys were a shade of brown or burgundy it wouldn't have been a struggle to decide. Also, I plan on doing an MTO in the Fall on a pair of Wigmores so that put me over the edge. I also considered the polo suede St. James and the oak Sinatras, but I wanted boots more than the shoes.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the end, if the shell Canterburys were a shade of brown or burgundy it wouldn't have been a struggle to decide. Also, I plan on doing an MTO in the Fall on a pair of Wigmores so that put me over the edge. I also considered the polo suede St. James and the oak Sinatras, but I wanted boots more than the shoes.
I've been looking at the Wigmores quite a bit recently, but since I have an Edward Green Galway already and another on the way, and a Alfred Sargent Miller I can wait for now.

Last edited:

ElementHU

Reaction score
I had seen a pic of someone's makeup with espresso calf and mole suede combo and fell in love with it.

But, I'm thinking of a dark cognac shell with mole suede combo sans the medallion.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had seen a pic of someone's makeup with espresso calf and mole suede combo and fell in love with it.

But, I'm thinking of a dark cognac shell with mole suede combo sans the medallion.
Very nice.

I've actually been thinking something more in the red or burgundy calf and red or burgundy suede.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And just when I thought I got my shoe buying habit under control....now I've got a couple of pairs incoming from Nick. He is certainly a pleasure to work with...patient with my barrage of questions as I narrowed down some selections. :embar:

very exciting. glad you went to nick.

Bucho

Reaction score
I just bought my first pair of Gaziano & Girling's, 11F on eBay. I doubt they will be the "last." (Get it?)

"

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at those on eBay earlier. The picks on eBay did no justice to the vintage Rioja leather.

How are the soles on those? That was my biggest concern...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
worth it even just for the trees.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, i have no idea what he paid, but i love GG trees. even if teh shoes are a little beat up, its worth buying just to get the trees. twas a joke. apparently not well delivered. :(

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol, i have no idea what he paid, but i love GG trees. even if teh shoes are a little beat up, its worth buying just to get the trees. twas a joke. apparently not well delivered. :(

The only reason I mentioned it was because I knew the price on those. Pretty sure you could get trees a little bit cheaper :)

I love GG trees also, too bad they are not making the 3 piece trees for RTW and MTO anymore...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahhhh, got it. those would be a steal for under 180 tho.

that is ted sad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads