• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nah, 700 vs. 449 (or 500 ish plus tax and shipping, if you include paypal his base cost is probably 550~), I will pass, and bet it to appear cheaper another time from someone who decide MH71 is a poor fit for them :satisfied:

Honestly probably not, if someone did pick it up for $550, they could probably sell them worn for that price. If you really like the shoes, it's worth the difference.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Final cut prices were anywhere between $490-$555 for majority of the shoes in NYC. eBay and PP charges about 14% from any transaction. So the profit may not be that great, especially if purchased on first cut.

This is no different than the days of Daffy's and Incotex.

At the end of the day, I don't give a **** if someone makes a profit or how much. Even at the prices on eBay they are still a few hundred below retail. The market will determine value. If you want it buy it, if not don't. We, on here, have an entitled mindset. I include myself in that on rare occasion.

I've seen people ban eBay flippers for paying their asking price and then reselling it for more money. Obviously they didn't know their market and the flipper did.

Anyway, clee, I hope you are able to get a pair.

My offer still stands, St. Tropez and a beer or three for a pair of Antibes.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have a problem for people try to maximize their profit, I am just being a usual cheap ass. I like it enough, but not enough to want to be take to the cleaners. I know how much the guy will make exactly as I sell on eBay once a while as well. He can even sell for higher than retail to Japan, the more power to him, I don't have a problem when sellers tries to maximize their profits, someone else will buy it at those price, just not me.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Final cut prices were anywhere between $490-$555 for majority of the shoes in NYC. eBay and PP charges about 14% from any transaction. So the profit may not be that great, especially if purchased on first cut.

At the end of the day, I don't give a **** if someone makes a profit or how much. Even at the prices on eBay they are still a few hundred below retail. The market will determine value. If you want it buy it, if not don't. We, on here, have an entitled mindset. I include myself in that on rare occasion.

I've seen people ban eBay flippers for paying their asking price and then reselling it for more money. Obviously they didn't know their market and the flipper did.

Very, very well put, truth.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Very, very well put, truth.

Just to be clear I don't have a problem with the ebay seller making massive profit, they can even sell above retail to Japan/Taiwan/South Korea for all I care. If he can do that, the more power to him. Just I personally won't be buying it.

p.s. at those rate, don't think he took it at the first cut, 449 was the final cut, the first cut was close to 600 range, he would be losing money at that range.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and off topic for people who're into EG (which most of us in here are), there are bunch EG for RLPL on DSW for sub 500, including some sweet tassle loafer

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My offer still stands, St. Tropez and a beer or three for a pair of Antibes.

this here is an excellent post.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy at MTO prices, so any discount on a pair I want (and fits) is good enough for me...

KenRose

Reaction score
any of you wear your shoes indoors? I have had a problem with my gables and now new chelsea boots where I've worn them indoors to see how they fit before wearing them outside and have put triangular shaped punctures in my hardwood with every step from the nails in the heel. With the Gable's I just struck this up to a improper finished heel but now the same thing has occurred with the Burnham's.
Will this stop once they have been worn down a bit or should I be looking to replace brand new heels?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
The opposite - as the heel wears down, the nails become more prominent. Can't speak for G&G, but that's my general experience.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

any of you wear your shoes indoors? I have had a problem with my gables and now new chelsea boots where I've worn them indoors to see how they fit before wearing them outside and have put triangular shaped punctures in my hardwood with every step from the nails in the heel. With the Gable's I just struck this up to a improper finished heel but now the same thing has occurred with the Burnham's.
Will this stop once they have been worn down a bit or should I be looking to replace brand new heels?

wear on carpets

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is odd, i have never had that. maybe the nails just need to be filed down a tad. still, that is odd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads