1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

you know where to post the pics [​IMG]

2. dlind

dlind Senior member

Unfortunately it turns out that while their grand opening was Friday, they won't be open for normal service until tomorrow [​IMG]. By then I will unfortunately be slaving away in the library revising for my exams but I will be back in London for end of May and can provide some photos then if people want to seem them [​IMG]

3. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

I`ll try and keep everyone posted over time. Just two comments - first is that I was surprised about the break-in period of the heel cup. Because it is made of a raw suede to keep a grip, it was very coarse at the beginning, and even drew blood through a thin sock. As you can imagine I was surprised. I persevered however, and after a few weeks, the help cup took my heel shape and things have been very comfortable since then. I have to say that the fit is true to size, and fits my foot very well indeed. The second point is on the Wensum sole - its is highly recommended, especially for those that put a Topy on their leather soles. It is very comfortable, and extremely durable. It will outlast the uppers. With technology in rubber as it is, perhaps it is a natural successor to the leather sole - not for the die-hard classics, but does give the shoe durability in snow, rain and other such harsh conditions to the leather sole. Overall, one of my best shoes (after the Anthony Cleverly though), but the wensum sole gives this shoe versatility as a classic shoe. I`ll be in the market for another pair soon hopefully.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i wouldnt be able to study with this distraction. youre a bigger man than I

5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

so how does Wensum compare to mico? Is it apple to orange, thought micro looks thinish on Bespoke England's website

6. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Cool ... really great...but really these shoes have a year to live? If the lead time is so great on the shoulders!

7. andrel42

andrel42 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  8. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Some new photos of my Barclay - one year old, wensum sole. The sole is incredibly durable, I`d say more so than a dainite, and looks more elegant...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  9. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Fantastic .... their age there are just .... Congrats

10. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

:lurk:

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  11. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

12. JubeiSpiegel

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

What giggling are two about you?

14. JubeiSpiegel

In any case, how is everyone post the GG policy / price changes?

I went ahead and placed a MTO for the Hove after all (before the new policies began), so I have that to look forward to come October.

After my trouble with VASS sizing, I'm seriously considering that Oakham MTO to quench my double monk thirst..,

15. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Yeah, that was fast :)

16. JubeiSpiegel

@NAMOR
    Some chap decided to post all of their personal info, requesting info on this brand, so that they can add it to their collection.

PIC1 provided a reasonable price for his services as proxy ($4000 a pair)...

17. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

The guy gave out his email and phone number and said contact him as he wanted to add some G&G's to his collection - first post ever

I responded saying I'd sell him some for $4999.00...any size model and color he wants

:p

as for the Oakham...you should do it Jubei...or go with the JL Chapel....in a sexy museum calf.

My MTO Deco Wilde's are due in July....if they are on time! I must say though...I still love G&G and will buy them even with the price increases...just maybe not as extravagant MTO plans as I had wished for...

18. laufer

laufer Senior member

Difficult to resist, what color?

19. JubeiSpiegel

It's seriously next on my list, I have a new found appreciation for brands that fit me well. I am tired of taking loses on brands I have not tried yet, only to have bad sizing or last incompatibilities. Florida is so sartorially woeful (especially for a wide footed gent), that there are almost no avenues of trying brands out without traveling far, or playing the int. mailing game. Had similar experiences with C&J, Carmina, & now VASS. Which is why JL in general is a no go for me, have no idea on sizing. I would be willing to give EG a try, but at the moment this groundhog is back in his hole...

Either way, I just have to decide who to give my business to, for the Oakham MTO ( same make-up I mocked up before). Trying out Skoaktiebolaget for the Hove MTO, but maybe I'll give Nick this next one. Hard to get a hold of him lately though...

20. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

I hope you ordered it as you had it mocked up. That was such a great look with the hatchgrain