• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is Nick gonna release a MTO shoe this month?

He will soon, he is been very busy and there may be 4 models instead 2 to make up for missed month. :slayer:

By the way come on people give Nick recommendations what you want, I did my part and damage to my wallet last month.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick is already making my shoe dreams come true, no suggestion from me for a couple of months :)

Although I do have a wicked navy Oakham concept made up...

Last edited:

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He will soon, he is been very busy and there may be 4 models instead 2 to make up for missed month. :slayer:

By the way come on people give Nick recommendations what you want, I did my part and damage to my wallet last month.

No problem, I'm looking forward to making my wallet hurt too.

The usual suspects:

Grosvenor

St. James II

Connaught

In mid to dark brown colors.

malat

Reaction score

You might want to explore the possibility of going wider. Were those MTOs?

Go width up. Don't size up.

If a last is not for you it's not for you. No reason to squeeze into Cinderella's shoes. And if you go one width up pr two for TG73 it might look not too different from MH71.

p.s., captoes are much harder to fit compare to shoes without the toe cap lines.

I was measured by one of the shoemakers himself and followed his recommendation on both last and sizing for this MTO commission.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nick is already making my shoe dreams come true, no suggestion from me for a couple of months :)
Although I do have a wicked navy Oakham concept made up...

#feels good mang

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wigmore racing green cmon you guys know you want this boot

bamboo

Reaction score
I got measured by Tony late last year and he recommend a 5.5D (small, i know) across the board size. He insists that all the lasts should fit the same but given the last few responses on this thread, I'm beginning to think different. Would it be more prudent of me to go for the MH71 or the DG70? I do great in the same size for EG's 82 last but I'm not quite sure how EG's 82 last sizes up with G&G's lasts.

I wear MH71 5.5E and 888 5.5D both oxford style captoe. I have relatively high instep, small heal and narrow ball joint. I think my size on 82 is 5.5E. Never tried 5.5D on 82.
I have derby (Hove) on MH71 too, it feels less snag around instep because of design. so it largely depends on model and style, but I recommend the same size for 82 and MH71 in general.
82 toe box is curvy to inside so if you do not have an issue of pinky touching with 82, I think you should be OK with all GG last with the same size. I hope this helps.

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bespoke-England 2013 "Made to Order Shoes of the Month" June

I have FOUR Styleforum MTO's this month will have the usual MTO sur charge removed saving £135.00 Non EU and £160.00 for EU

June Shoe 1: St james II. This is a special shoe which has become an iconic G&G style. On the TG73 it is stunning.

Style: St James II
Material: Vintage Oak Calf
Size: YOUR SIZE
Last Shape: TG73 Classic Square
Sole: Oak Bark Single Leather soles, Haf, Double Leather or Dainite Soles

Price is £615.00 Non EU / £738.00 for EU

Trees if required... G&G Lasted Shoe Trees...£115.00 Non EU or £138.00 EU...OPTIONAL

Shipping Cost: £40.00

Estimated Delivery: September / October

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man the st james II is just such a perfect shoe.

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bespoke-England 2013 "Made to Order Shoes of the Month" June

I have FOUR Styleforum MTO's this month will have the usual MTO sur charge removed saving £135.00 Non EU and £160.00 for EU

June Shoe 2: Grant.

Style: Grant
Material: Vintage Rioja Calf
Size: YOUR SIZE
Last Shape: TG73 Classic Square
Sole: Oak Bark Single Leather soles, Haf, Double Leather or Dainite Soles

Price is £635.00 Non EU / £760.00 for EU

Trees if required... G&G Lasted Shoe Trees...£115.00 Non EU or £138.00 EU...OPTIONAL

Shipping Cost: £40.00

Estimated Delivery: September / October

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads