• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nick is the best in this business. Keep him busy gentlemen.

this is one of the universes great and enduring truths.

I do not see any G&G on Barneys site anymore. I wonder if they are hidden during this memorial sale.

i have been told, you can guess by whom, that that does not mean they are unavailable. they are just not on the site. email taco if you are looking for info. srs. he is the man.

as an aside, iirc, last sale a lot of inventory was gobbled up by people trying to flip. which i was unthrilled by, as people wait for these sales to get shoes they love, but cant otherwise attain. hopefully, the absence of shoes on the site will cut down on that.

no hate to the flippers. i just didnt love it in this circumstance.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly didn't expect the rain... well, my Wigmores got a nice afternoon shower! :(

marburymadison

Reaction score
Girling prices keep going up. Bah. RTW is now almost at MTO prices less than a year ago.

Last edited:

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is one of the universes great and enduring truths.
i have been told, you can guess by whom, that that does not mean they are unavailable. they are just not on the site. email taco if you are looking for info. srs. he is the man.

as an aside, iirc, last sale a lot of inventory was gobbled up by people trying to flip. which i was unthrilled by, as people wait for these sales to get shoes they love, but cant otherwise attain. hopefully, the absence of shoes on the site will cut down on that.

no hate to the flippers. i just didnt love it in this circumstance.

Same **** with sneakers

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair through Barney's thinking they would fit, and they didn't, but I fell back on the idea that I could resell them and likely at a profit. Looking back, it was foolish to go with loafers since they seem to be the hardest fit, but I was in the market for a pair of brown loafers and really wanted G&G. Now I'm just trying to breakeven on them - which has proven to be rather difficult.

cgo

Reaction score
just had a quick browse at barneys San Francisco and G&Gs are for sale at around the $700 to $800 mark including the burnham chelsea. Not a bad deal if anyone looking to get some G&G

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
burnhams are awesome. im always impressed how lightweight the boot it

malat

Reaction score

I bought a pair through Barney's thinking they would fit, and they didn't, but I fell back on the idea that I could resell them and likely at a profit. Looking back, it was foolish to go with loafers since they seem to be the hardest fit, but I was in the market for a pair of brown loafers and really wanted G&G. Now I'm just trying to breakeven on them - which has proven to be rather difficult.

Why can't you return them to the Barney's store?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B&S has changed over the past couple of years; it used to be a lot better.

I'm not trying to be a crank about it, just seems like the offerings aren't as good as they used to be. That being said, some sellers still bring the goods.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

B&S has changed over the past couple of years; it used to be a lot better.

I'm not trying to be a crank about it, just seems like the offerings aren't as good as they used to be. That being said, some sellers still bring the goods.

I think its a combination of quality an unrealistic expectation of buyers to get everything at 95% off retail. Had to chime in as both a buyer and seller. I am hoping to take a trip to Barney's tomorrow to see what they have.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

burnhams are awesome. im always impressed how lightweight the boot it

+10. I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I was polishing mine (and a pair of RM's). the latter felt like Bricks.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sadly didn't expect the rain... well, my Wigmores got a nice afternoon shower! :(

:(

Same **** with sneakers

:mad:

:( that sucks. good luck with the sale.

I think its a combination of quality an unrealistic expectation of buyers to get everything at 95% off retail. Had to chime in as both a buyer and seller. I am hoping to take a trip to Barney's tomorrow to see what they have.

agree

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads