1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

Thanks Stitchy!

Standard model (same as yours). TG73 6.5E (same as my EG size). Initial fit is great, just a little more fitted than the AS Millers.

Definitely done with balmoral boots now. The Shannons were really unexpected and now I have a surplus!

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

nephew, good looking boot, wear in good health

3. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

SPECIAL EVENT MARCH 8 & 9 - A VISIT FROM GAZIANO & GIRLING - BESPOKE AND MTO TRUNK SHOW.

For all of you in Scandinavia and for those who are in Stockholm on March 8-9, please drop by Skoaktiebolaget on Humlegårdsgatan 4 where we will host a G&G trunk show together with Tony Gaziano. This is the first official G&G Trunk Show in Scandinavia!

[​IMG]

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

inb4spoo

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior Member

There are some shoemakers who think making stunning shoes is all that matters. G&G fall into that camp. I wish they would give equal importance to the other aspects of getting a product to market — namely punctuality, accuracy, supply chain management and generally approaching this business a bit more professionally.

Upon commissioning an Made-To-Order pair, you may be told it takes 3 months. That has been known to extend, ‘due to unforeseen circumstances’, to as much as seven months. By then, what can you possibly do but wring your hands in silence. You have already coughed up a non-refundable deposit of 50%.

Perhaps you prefer going to their website and ordering a ready-to-wear pair of shoes from there. All sizes are shown in stock and so you order yours. Only to receive an email a few days later saying they don’t have the size in stock and so sorry but do you mind waiting for a couple of months while they make one for you. If it isn’t in stock, what is it doing on the website? Oh, it’s an oversight…we’re so sorry. No big deal, here’s a refund. Did we say how sorry we are? Umm...ok, but why not just try to be a bit more switched on instead of being sorry?

G&G can make the most beautiful shoes in the universe. But it matters not one jot if they can’t get them where they really belong….not on a pedestal at a trunk show, nor between the pages of a cool website. But on the feet of their customers.

PS. No idea why it's showing up in all caps...certainly didn't intend to shout.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Distinguished Member

What is the average wait time for MTO GGs at the moment? I was told about 6 months last time I checked, which was in November...

7. SoGent

SoGent Distinguished Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] and APPLAUSE Fiddler. You've nailed it except for the ' most beautiful shoes in the universe ' part. that is just not so.

8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Distinguished Member

Kindly defend, good sir... :)

9. Nick A

Nick A Affiliate Vendor

Bespoke-England 2013 "Made to Order Shoes of the Month": February

The 2 MTO's this month which will have the usual MTO sur charge removed saving £135.00 Non EU and £160.00 for EU

February Shoe 1:

Style: Sinatra
    Material: Chestnut Hatch Grain
    Size: ANY SIZE
    Last Shape: TG73 Classic Square
    Sole: Oak Bark Single Leather soles or Double Leather Soles

Price is £635.00 Non EU / £765.00 for EU

Trees if required... G&G Lasted Shoe Trees...£110.00 Non EU or £135.00 EU...OPTIONAL

Shipping Cost: £40.00

Estimated Delivery: May / June.

Images show Sinatra in Chestnut Hatch Grain with Oak Bark Leather Soles. Sinatra is a sleek Wholecut style and Hatch Grain is becoming a popular material which gives a wonderful subtle patina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. in stitches

:slayer:

11. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

and shoe 2 is....? :drool:

12. in stitches

:lurk:

13. Nick A

Nick A Affiliate Vendor

Bespoke-England 2013 "Made to Order Shoes of the Month": February

February's 2nd MTO will have the usual MTO sur charge removed saving £135.00 Non EU and £160.00 for EU

February Shoe 2:

Style: Grosvenor
    Material: Vintage Rioja Calf
    Size: ANY SIZE
    Last Shape: DG70 Smart Round
    Sole: Oak Bark Single Leather soles or Double Leather Soles

Price is £650.00 Non EU / £780.00 for EU

Trees if required... G&G Lasted Shoe Trees...£110.00 Non EU or £135.00 EU...OPTIONAL

Shipping Cost: £40.00

Estimated Delivery: June

[​IMG]

14. in stitches

delicious. BOGOF? :devil:

i keed i keed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013

15. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

I would like to thank Nick A. (Bespoke England) for his excellent customer service, timely notice and ETA of completion, and prompt shipping. Nick definitely deserves all the praise that he has rightfully earned. Breaking in my Wigmores and the fit is immaculate! This might be too early to say, until I get a few miles on these boots, but so far they fit better than my best fitting last (EG's 82)! [​IMG] Oh yeah, these monthly special MTOs are marvelous! The Grosvenor look awesome!