1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. KenRose

KenRose Senior Member

What size are you?

2. epiph4ny

epiph4ny Active Member

Hey guys, I've ended up with a pair of windsors in the wrong size because of the stupid sizing system on Barney's. I need a pair of UK 9.5 but have a pair of UK 10, anyone up for a swap?

3. Woodman

Woodman Active Member

We'll see what tomorrow brings with the Savoys, but I had to return a pair of the Gables (from the first sale round) because of the sizing issue.
    But the woman in customer service for the website was enormously helpful. She called up the Madison Ave.store, and I walked the SA through what was handwritten on the box, rather than what the website showed. That got me the 9.5UK i wanted.
    So the wrong size went back, presumably to some happy SFer!

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

ugh. so sorry to hear this, guys. it blows. :(

btw, if the shoe is only a tad large, and close to fitting, and you really like it, try popping in a dr.scholls. i was recommended that and am going to try it out as a last ditch effort. nick @ bespoke england was kind enough to send me some full sock inserts, because he is the man, but they are not quite thick enough i dont think.

i have tried on the shoes about 10 times, and am still unsure what i want to do. :fu:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

5. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior Member

I'm a UK9.5 and I have UK10's in the Gable's, Wesbury, and Savoy.

Anyone have UK9.5 to swap? Sell?

6. rikod

rikod Distinguished Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012

7. KenRose

KenRose Senior Member

Ha ha, well feel free to sell me yours. These are awesome

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

Sucks. The UK/US, .5/1 size conversion confused more people than it should have.

Insole maybe?

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

Lol, can't fault you for being consistent

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

sorry, buddy, but i have to disagree. horses for courses of course. also, the pics never do the shoes the proper justice.

it wasnt so much confusion as that the website is wrong. if you are buying online and it says the UK size, people rightfully assume that is the actual size. i need to call some kind of supervisor at barneys and give someone an earful.

insole may or may not help. depends on your exact foot size and the size/shape of the insole.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

11. jaythejet

jaythejet Well-Known Member

hey guys thanks for the help. I'm probably going to go with the vintage rioja for my Mitchel in the TG73 last. I never really considered vintage oak but maybe I will change my mind once I see them in person at the London showroom. this is my first MTO experience so I'm pretty amped for that! :slayer:

12. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior Member

Craziness - I finally got around to trying them on - despite the shoes being a UK10E and my previous 4 G&G models all being UK9.5E....

The Gable's are tight across the vamp, and a little tight in the toe box,.and the Westbury's fit pretty darn well suprisingly, they might be a touch long, however they're pretty close.

Let's see what tomorrow brings with the Savoy's....Gosh this is so confusing!

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Stylish Dinosaur

You'll probably buy another pair later this year. G&G sucks you in. Hard to stop at one

14. CalTex

CalTex Distinguished Member

Well buy another pair and send it my way. ;)

15. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior Member

I agree that G&G has some models that are FUGLY and i´ve seen some MTO:s that i wouldn´t wear if i got paid but in this case i disagree 100% :) Gables is one of my favorite models and i think it´s amazing in real life. Have seen two pairs, the store manager at Skoaktiebolaget has them but in MH71. They are designed for the TG73 so the "cap toe" isn´t forming a V on HM71, quite strange that a company like G&G doesn´t adjust the pattern to the last in question. The second pair is from Davidsons in Racing Green, a spectacular color in real life.

Racing Green :slayer:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012