Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

They don´t fit the same for me. I wear:

GG06 and MH71 = UK7.5E
    DG70 and MH73 = UK8E

In this sizes the shoes fit the same, nice and snug.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

and the plot thickens. :plain:

i will clearly have to try them both on. no other option. i just hope they do complimentary shipping, as it was their f*ck up, not mine.

3. in stitches

aaaaaaaaaaaaand now they tell me they do not have the 11UK anymore. bunch of fucking useless idiot morons. i am so reminded why i deal with people like nick and not with large department stores who employ morons and have the stupidest policies in the universe. i am so frustrated. i wanna make them let me exchange for a non sale shoe at the same price, not that that will happen. i may just keep these and hope for the best that they dont get too lose. FML.

/1stworldproblems

4. Jhors2

Jhors2 Senior member

Sell as BNWT and get your money back maybe? I would hate to own such a great shoe that doesn't fit, it would bother me to no end.

5. in stitches

Not a bad idea. They fit ok as is, im worried that after a few wears they will be too lose. :(

6. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

They will be too loose after a few wears if they are the least bit roomy now.

Do not do this - either return for refund or sell. G&Gs that are the least bit roomy when new will quickly become sloppy. As the tannage is nice and soft and will stretch.

This is what 1/2 too large turns into crease wise.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  7. in stitches

I want to kill somebody

8. Frank the sheep

Agree. They all use the word service but most don´t know the meaning of it.

I wanted to buy the Gable but they added 282 dollar VAT and DUTY to the order + 52 dollars in shipping. Why in the world would they add VAT and DUTY to someone in sweden, that seams to be "my" customs job?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  9. in stitches

Ugh. It seems that big box retailers suck even at the higher-end level at times. Smallbatch vendors FTW!

10. Rodney

Rodney Active Member

Agreed, sell or return them or it will frustate you even more. Anyway, thanks for sharing, i will stick to bespoke england...

11. in stitches

Smart decision. And it is worth every cent. That's what I get from making an impulse buy just cause there was a sale.

I hope this will work out for me somehow.

12. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

[​IMG]

13. chogall

chogall Senior member

All G&G shoes shares the same "fit" up to the metatarsal area and the 'fit' changes thereafter; the difference becomes most pronounced at the toe box.

GG06 and MH71 have wider toe box, so it fits 'normal'. TG73/DG70/Deco have narrow toe box, so it will be very tight at the toe area if GG06/MH71 fits you fine; order a width up if needed (not length up).

Also, as with any other brand, cap toes will be harder to fit than wingtip/wholecut/etc due to the cap stitch and stiffener.

p.s., if GG06/MH71 fits you fine, TG73/DG70 will most likely to be too narrow at the toe box, and vice versa. There's no reason to own both the wider toe box and the narrow toe box lasts since the fit will be exclusive at the same size/width.

14. Frank the sheep

Very good. This info would have been to a lot of help when i started to look into GG and the info i got was: All last fit the same.

I´ve tried DG70 and TG73 in 7.5F but since i´m a E the shoe don´t fit that good. As i wrote before, 8E in those lasts fit the same as 7.5E in GG06 and MH71...on my feets anyway :):)

15. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

This is not accurate as to my experience with the Deco and TG73 lasts.

The Deco and KN14 lasts fit different than the 4 others. Tony and Dean both told me (based on the measurements of my feet) to go 1/2 size down on the KN14.

I found the Deco last to be too narrow for my feet in the toe box area (and Tony confirmed this as its design attribute)...so I use the TG73 on my Deco designs.

Its the 4 others which fit the same in the toe box area. So I agree with you that an 11 in the MH71, will work well for you too in TG73.