• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

gsugsu

Reaction score
Got these from Nick this week:

If these shoes were from a lesser maker everyone would be saying too pointy.

+1

gsugsu

Reaction score

"One man's meat is another man's poison." :) :D :)

This is true but far more accommodation is given to well respected brands. The earlier post where - I think it was Hampton - showing the scratched lining - should have raised more comments regarding either the quality of that lining or questioning why high end trees would have protruding bits to cause such damage

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^ G&G always look so elegant and sleek compared with other shoes.

yerp.

if those shoes were from another maker, they wouldnt look like that. :teach:

---
sidebar - i am yet to polish my GGs since getting them. :hide:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yerp.
if those shoes were from another maker, they wouldnt look like that. :teach:
---
sidebar - i am yet to polish my GGs since getting them. :hide:

WWWWWHhhhhhhhhaaaaaattttt?

Since they were MTO they wouldn't NEED conditioning or polish - but how do you keep your hands off of them for that long?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
because they look perfect to me, and i keep them in great condition *fingers crossed* and i dont want to mess with them unless absolutely needed. by the way, when they get small scuffs, they rub out with my finger like they were never there. no other shoe of mine does that. would require a quick hit with polish to remedy.

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually making a remake polish on my G&G shoes. Want them to shine in a diffrent way.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
culverwood, I detest that pointy last shape, but I have immense respect for G&G for their courage in this Deco range. The ethos, finishes and inspiration combine to make a range no other factory could offer. I can't wait to see what rounder shapes they come up with for future Deco lasts. I've seen enough Art Deco shoes from Isshinryu's collection to have high hopes.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

I do not think they are pointy. There is a big difference between pointy shoes and elegantly styled and balance modern lasts. G&G execution is flawless and their Deco lasts is not too different from their TG73 last.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the Bespoke England Blog:

The Uppingham is gorgeous. Any more Uppingham pics that others can share?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
love those. were the original shoe that brought me to G&G. Gdot has a pair, PM him, im sure he plenty of pics. or you can read through the rock your socks thread, he has posted them there many a time.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads