Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

yes Tony did post pictures at different stages of there making, TG has made quite a few of these in the past esp when he was at EG as this is based on the weymouth

thanks guys! :slayer:

2. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't quite see it in the pictures. - Did you opt for a square waist on the outside (lateral) and a bevelled waist on the inside (medial)?

If that is the case, have you had that "combination-waist" previously on any of your shoes? I wonder, if it's too much to ask to see a picture of the sole.,

3. luk-cha

BS

yes you are right it is a sq2 outter/ lateral and a bevelled inner/ medial. i never knew it was call a combination waist, i just ask Tony to make them similar to 1 of his bespoke samples.

i dont have a picture of the sole but i can take one for you later if you like? through the light might be poor

there is no fiddle there, it is just plain, i think corthay also finishes his sole in the same way??

4. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just made that word up. Who knows, the term might catch on and in a forthcoming shoe dictionary I will get the credit. :D

5. luk-cha

lol, i like the term! i will check with TG next time i see him

6. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

This is not uncommon, no?

7. luk-cha

Whats not uncommon?

8. Nick A

Nick A Affiliate Vendor

They do introduce more each year and so far, unlike other manufactures they have not discontinued any of their styles. Late last year they had the two double monks and the two faux lace models. There are also many variations on MTO including changing the brogue medallion patterns, having plain stitching on seams or adding punch details to seams. Here are the 2011 additions.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012

9. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

The 'combination' waist.

10. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Senior member

[​IMG] I can't say I like the faux laced models at all - I prefer just the elastic sided version

11. Saratorial_Splender

Saratorial_Splender Senior member

I like the double monks. I am not sure about the faux lace models as well. I think it reduces the appeal of MTO. Not very sartorial IMO.
    However, it is nice to know GG is flexible with MTO features.

12. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Although upon closer inspection of my entire shoe collection I guess I should change my opinion. As I only found the 'combination waist' on one pair of Carminas.

Interesting.

13. Saratorial_Splender

Would you mind sharing any photos of the "combination waist."
    I am curious to see what it looks like.

14. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

See the photos above of the antelope hide shoes. The sole edge at the waist is rounded and contoured on one side of the shoe and flat on the other.

Bengal Stripe made up the term - not sure if there is an actual term for this or not.

15. Saratorial_Splender

Gaziano & Girling “WIGMORE” Boots [/SIZE]

These are Gaziano & Girling “WIGMORE” boots in Espresso Calf/ Mole Suede combination in size UK 12.5E on G&G classic square (TG73) last. These were made to order for me and have never been worn or used. I love these boots, but unfortunately I have a high instep and they do not fit me properly at the shaft part. They have been sitting in my closet for almost a year and I could not bring myself to selling them, but in reality, as beautiful as they are, I will probably never wear them at time soon. I will just look at them and admire them from time to time!!

If you’re interested in them, I will consider parting with them, Just PM me for details.

They are in new mint condition and there is not a thing wrong with them. They have never been fully laced. I have the original box (box is very little shelf worn), dust covers, polishing cloth, and even the Styrofoam packaging from our friend Nick at Bespoke England. You could order lasted shoe trees for them from Nick. I would recommend the 3 piece shoe trees, but you could use regular style trees as well. The ones pictured below belong to another pair. Enjoy!

Those of you who know me, know how extensive my collection is and what condition I keep my shoes in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gaziano & Girling “WIGMORE” Boots [/SIZE]

These are Gaziano & Girling “WIGMORE” boots in Espresso Calf/ Mole Suede combination in size UK 12.5E on G&G classic square (TG73) last. These were made to order for me and have never been worn or used. I love these boots, but unfortunately I have a high instep and they do not fit me properly at the shaft part. They have been sitting in my closet for almost a year and I could not bring myself to selling them, but in reality, as beautiful as they are, I will probably never wear them at time soon. I will just look at them and admire them from time to time!!

If you’re interested in them, I will consider parting with them, Just PM me for details.

They are in new mint condition and there is not a thing wrong with them. They have never been fully laced. I have the original box (box is very little shelf worn), dust covers, polishing cloth, and even the Styrofoam packaging from our friend Nick at Bespoke England. You could order lasted shoe trees for them from Nick. I would recommend the 3 piece shoe trees, but you could use regular style trees as well. The ones pictured below belong to another pair. Enjoy!