1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

sorry, brah.

:plain:

2. in stitches

interesting, i particularly like the inverted cap toe. the "savoy" was the first GG that ever caught my eye, and i have wanted a GG with that style toe ever since. i was very glad that the gable was available for me.

3. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

But it's a great price - and if you like the style it's a no-brainer! Enjoy your purchases :slayer:

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Ryan can satisfy me like no woman can :laugh: thanks again!

5. in stitches

^^ OH MY ! ^^

indeed, at almost a 3rd of the price its a steal. thanks!! :cheers:

6. rikod

rikod Senior member

:D

It's not the stitching itself but the Adelaide style stitching around the laces, I think is too close to the laces and looks like its choking the shoe, but again just a personal thing, a lot of people like the style, I hope it works for you at the end.

7. tacobender

tacobender Senior member

I still cant get over how fast you called me lol. I barely clicked send.

8. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

Twas a good night, picked up the Westbury and the C&J Oriels in store at Madison. Now I'm feeling regrets about not grabbing the Gables as well. Is the sale officially over now? Any chance I can call them tomorrow and get them shipped to me?

Taco - are you able to locate these anymore?

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

It was destiny. I had just breaked from a client meating when I saw your email. Twas a good day indeed.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  10. BlueHorseShoe

And I think I may be able to get the Gables as well. All I seemed to have whiffed on was the suede JLs, probably a good thing though. May God have mercy on my plastic; and there's a ring going on it within the week. It's going to melt.

11. in stitches

lol, its all good, buddy. i hope so too. :)

good luck!! i think the GGs are sold out tho. :(

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

FWIW my Dad picked up some this evening at SF Barneys, don't think all stock is gone

13. in stitches

well, i guess the stores might still have a few, but as i understand it, the online stock is sold out. though if you call, they can check the stores inventory. either way, i dont think it will last much longer.

14. BlueHorseShoe

Yes. I have taco on the case, using the phone. Now how do I explain to the gf that shoes dictated a lesser grade or two off her stone's clarity? :slayer:

15. in stitches

he is a good dude. easy, as long as she cant see the inclusions with her naked eye, it makes no difference. SI1 or a good SI2 and your fine. or get an EGL cert not GIA. :teach:

16. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Anyone interested in Gable size 11US? I may have a pair in my hand tomorrow.

Stitch, the Gables are really sweet.

17. BlueHorseShoe

I may be, but won't know until noon today.

18. laufer

laufer Senior member

If I were G&G I would be royally pissed off at Barney's. I mean these were such heavy discounts, Two pair of shoes for the price of less then a one pair. Do not get me wrong I am happy that you guys scored. I did not pursue westbury gable because I dislike TG73 last. However it really makes you wonder if people are willing to buy other G&G shoes at the full price now.

19. JonathanCWalker

JonathanCWalker Senior member

Its a bit off a piss take for us UK guys paying full price and seeing others getting them so much cheaper. G&G just shouldn't be in Barney's

20. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

All the big retailers will put a bit of stock out there at close out prices - it happens with Edward Green and Lobb too. I doubt it does any harm to G&G that a few pairs here and there end up deeply discounted.

In any case - now that they are gone - I double dog dare you to try to find a new pair of G&G at a discount.

Oh, and if anyone ended up with an 'excess' pair in UK 7/US 8 please contact me. :embar: