• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
haa, my bad. Ill need to go back and search June's posts. I remember someone posting the cost.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

you did a great job. well, i have seen something before and it looks much worse, than it really is.
shouldn't come back either...

no biggy if it does, adds to the patina hehe, but yes with a bit of local fire water and a good brushin and then some cream they look ok!

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no biggy if it does, adds to the patina hehe, but yes with a bit of local fire water and a good brushin and then some cream they look ok!

Liquor? I hope you used something good. :D

I've never seen such a thing on shoes before.

Does your air conditioning not work well? It seems that it would keep the air so dry that mold wouldn't grow.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+1. anyone else ever tried that?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1. anyone else ever tried that?

luk-cha meant alcohol for desinfection and getting rid of spots. as we already mentioned. the situation looks worse than it really is.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

luk-cha meant alcohol for desinfection and getting rid of spots. as we already mentioned. the situation looks worse than it really is.

aha, thanks! :cheers:

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Does your air conditioning not work well? It seems that it would keep the air so dry that mold wouldn't grow.

http://www.moutaichina.com/en/about/about.html just some of this to help clear of the mold, but if you try it with like vidka do but too much other wise it will stripe back the polish

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ivon

Reaction score
I'm on a roll, finally figured out how to upload pics. Here is the Rothchild in Vintage Chestnut on the DG70, photos don't do justice to the color of the shoes. Taken at Starbucks after I got them back from my shoe guy.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm on a roll,
finally figured out how to upload pics.  Here is the Rothchild in Vintage Chestnut on the DG70, photos don't do justice to the color of the shoes.  Taken at Starbucks after I got them back from my shoe guy.

http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/1896440

remove the plastic on the heels, immediately. this is blasphemy...

Ivon

Reaction score
I find that I wear the heels of my shoe very quickly, I asked for heel protectors and that is what they put on. I would prefer not to continually repair/replace the heel. Any alternatives?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I find that I wear the heels of my shoe very quickly, I asked for heel protectors and that is what they put on. I would prefer not to continually repair/replace the heel. Any alternatives?

they should do it correctly. that's all.

Ivon

Reaction score
Okay, how is it done incorrectly? Is it positioned incorrectly? He was recommended to me by a SA in a high end shoe department in the Yorkville area. I balked at top taps and a Topy, settling for the heel protector since I am very hard on the heels of my shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads