• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For me G&G is not a everyday shoe you want to damage.
While I use C&J for work and other stuff and G&G when I want to look extra nice :)

i dunno what your workplace looks like but this makes no sense, imo.

JonathanCWalker

Reaction score
I like this!!!
biggrin.gif

jammyo40

Reaction score

For me G&G is not a everyday shoe you want to damage.

Get over it. Shoes are meant to be on feet, not inside a display case. Just wear 'em and take care of 'em.

Last edited:

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get over it. Shoes are meant to be on feet, not inside a display case. Just wear 'em and take care of 'em.
I wear them more then enough, but not every day. Maybe when I go out for a dinner with friends (something like that) For work I wear less expensive shoes as C&J or most often Church's

Last edited:

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Easy question to answer

Buy the Rotschild or the Walkton which can be worn with bloody well anything except where patent leather shoes are required.

Take it in the round toe GG06 so that it does not mess up your casual look in jeans but also matches, quite perfectly, any formal suit or morning dress trousers.

Colors? Take either a mid brown or one of the burgundies, like Rioja, which goes with every color in your wardrobe, especially if it is antique finished.

oh god

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear them more then enough, but not every day. Maybe when I go out for a dinner with friends (something like that) For work I wear less expensive shoes as C&J or most often Church's

Personally I try to get as much wear as I can with my shoes regardless of price (as long as they are appropriate for the occasion). For the type of work I do, there is minimal risk for my clothes to get messed up so I have that flexibility. I think regular wear (of course not daily... rotating shoes is still rule #1, right?) really balances the cost paid.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I try to get as much wear as I can with my shoes regardless of price (as long as they are appropriate for the occasion). For the type of work I do, there is minimal risk for my clothes to get messed up so I have that flexibility. I think regular wear (of course not daily... rotating shoes is still rule #1, right?) really balances the cost paid.
Right and I dont have the ''office'' work if I can put it that way.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Right and I dont have the ''office'' work if I can put it that way. 

Then C&J and Church's meet your needs. For me it's more of a risk wearing my smart shoes out around town because of spilled spirits and intoxicated women with their spiked heels. :)

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then C&J and Church's meet your needs. For me it's more of a risk wearing my smart shoes out around town because of spilled spirits and intoxicated women with their spiked heels.
smile.gif
Hehe, exactly!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads