• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the st james II better of those two.
ones steez is like ones personal style. as in:
paisley scarves are not my steez, but tartan plain SCs sure as hell are

Aha I see, thanks for the explaining! And yes I think I will go for the suede ones :)

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that oakham makeup in Cherry.

Sir F - May we ask where you are from?

What takes you to Monaco? Very high brow!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

do you mean, do i think they are for you, or are they for me?

i just asked spoo about his opinion on this. nothing to loose sleep about it, broski

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that oakham makeup in Cherry.

Sir F - May we ask where you are from?
What takes you to Monaco? Very high brow!

Oh yes I saw that picture some week ago also, they look awsome! Will start with the suede ones and get those after that :)

I'm from Sweden. I'm attending a gala dinner and hopefully tan and shopp
shog[1].gif
. That's why I wonder if I can find G&G there.

Last edited:

ianGP

Reaction score
bout to pull trigger on another pair of G&G's :D

Anyone have a side-by-side of TG73 and MH71 ? I'm torn between the two lasts.
Should I size +/- between those lasts?
Does the TG73 have a wider toe box? or at least the very tip of the square?

Thinking to catch Tony's next visit to NY for bespoke but even for some plain black Oxford's to start with, I have a feeling it's $texas :embar: (anyone know rough est?)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thinking to catch Tony's next visit to NY for bespoke but even for some plain black Oxford's to start with, I have a feeling it's $texas :embar: (anyone know rough est?)

TG73 and MH71 will fit identically. They are exactly the same except the very end of the toe box (where your toes will never reach).

I personally would recommend the MH71 for you - as you live in Washington DC and things are pretty conservative there. The TG73 is pretty aggressively squared and while stylish perhaps a litte 'out there' for DC.

Here is a link to a photo of the last shapes.

http://made-to-order.bespoke-england.co.uk/step3.php?shoe=Hanley&sole=ob&size=5&width=medium

claes500

Reaction score

Here is Bespoke Englands picture of the different lasts

And here are mine, the Canterbury is on the DG70 the Oakham in the middle is on the MH71 lastand the StJames II in Vintage Cherry is TG73

As G&Gs lasts fits the same there should be no difference in size between the lasts

jammyo40

Reaction score

I would go for the suede shoe if they had my size in stock. For me that is a great shoe for the summer. Of course the DM is a very nice option in summer time but i feel that suede is more relaxed than leather. If you can´t make up our mind, get both :D

fixed

ianGP

Reaction score

TG73 and MH71 will fit identically. They are exactly the same except the very end of the toe box (where your toes will never reach).
I personally would recommend the MH71 for you - as you live in Washington DC and things are pretty conservative there. The TG73 is pretty aggressively squared and while stylish perhaps a litte 'out there' for DC.
Here is a link to a photo of the last shapes.
http://made-to-order.bespoke-england.co.uk/step3.php?shoe=Hanley&sole=ob&size=5&width=medium

Here is Bespoke Englands picture of the different lasts

And here are mine, the Canterbury is on the DG70 the Oakham in the middle is on the MH71 lastand the StJames II in Vintage Cherry is TG73

As G&Gs lasts fits the same there should be no difference in size between the lasts

Thanks guys! Leaning towards the MH71 at the moment since I love the look of my Oakham's - just looking to venture outside of my comfort zone I guess.
Agreed on the conservative environment! I might get a 'fun' pair like that StJamesII on cherry TG73 later on but for now, just building my staples.

I appreciate the pics! Helps mucho! Will post mine when I decide on something :D

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

iirc from asking nick @ bespoke they start in the $2300 EDIT - $3570 range.

if you have a slender build you will do ok with the 73, if you are more broad or stocky, try the 71. if you can, try on both first.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh happy email day!!!!

Hi Stitch,

I hope you are well. I’m with G&G tomorrow looking at your shoes. I will email you once I have seen them. Hopefully I’ll have a date for you.

Regards,
Nick.

:bounce2: HUZZAH HUZZAH!! :bounce2:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

iirc from asking nick @ bespoke they start in the $2300 range.
if you have a slender build you will do ok with the 73, if you are more broad or stocky, try the 71. if you can, try on both first.

G&G Starts at $2,300 for bespoke? That can't be right, seems kind of low.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads