1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    Those are pretty rockin' and I'm not the biggest G&G fan in general. What type of leather is used there? It looks like calf with a subtle texture.

Hi D, its actually buffalo.

Hope all is well with the family.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Pics aren't great, but as we know we are always excited for a new pair of shoes! [​IMG] [​IMG] Black Hayes with an extended medallion and recessed metal toe plates.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

^ Nice, Patrick. What made you do TG73 over say, a DG70? I had you pegged differently in lasts.

4. patrickBOOTH

Good question. I love the chiseled toe, but when I placed the order I told myself that my next will be a DG70, Grant maybe. Then of course I walked into the trunk show and saw the Deco line. Now I am like, hmm always room for an even more chiseled last. That Bowlly is looking mighty fine...

5. Nick A

Nick A Senior member

I have these on order in Black Deco Calf and a pair in Vintage Cherry Calf...Can't wait to wear them.
    [​IMG]

6. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Good question. I love the chiseled toe, but when I placed the order I told myself that my next will be a DG70, Grant maybe. Then of course I walked into the trunk show and saw the Deco line. Now I am like, hmm always room for an even more chiseled last. That Bowlly is looking mighty fine...

I would argue that the deco line is more pointy, but not more chiseled. You get a more chiseled last with bespoke. [​IMG]

7. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

A couple of shots by Charlie Bennet, snapped with a Hasselblad H3DII-50, of G&G:

Carlyle in Vintage Chestnut:
    [​IMG]

Nice in Fox Suede:
    [​IMG]

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

Wow, those are some incredible shoe shots.

9. patrickBOOTH

I would argue that the deco line is more pointy, but not more chiseled. You get a more chiseled last with bespoke. [​IMG]

I don't know, I guess. When I saw the Deco line in person I felt that they were a little less aggressively pointy than in pictures. I would say that my Corthay and Rider balmoral are the most "chiselled" of any of my shoes and certaintly the most bespoke looking.

10. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

A couple of shots by Charlie Bennet, snapped with a Hasselblad H3DII-50, of G&G:

Carlyle in Vintage Chestnut:
    Nice in Fox Suede:

great pictures!

I don't know, I guess. When I saw the Deco line in person I felt that they were a little less aggressively pointy than in pictures. I would say that my Corthay and Rider balmoral are the most "chiseled" of any of my shoes and certaintly the most bespoke looking.

i dont find deco's too aggressive, they are slightly longer than the regular range but when i compared them to my first bespokes from G&G there are very similar - i find corthay a lot snoutier and pointy

11. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

Sorry to bump with an old pic but what last is on this croc? [​IMG]

12. cdmoore1855

cdmoore1855 Senior member

Sorry to bump with an old pic but what last is on this croc?

[​IMG]

Its baby alligator in a bespoke last

13. SpooPoker

Its the object of some nocturnal emission for spoo

FTFY [​IMG]

14. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

I wear them anytime but usually as an alternative to black, especially with a suit. They are dark enough to pull this off, even through they really dark brown.

Luk Cha will take some on foot shots on Saturday

Unless you know what they are most people would never guess they are Stingray

[​IMG]

15. SpooPoker

16. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

^ Well done.

Oh yeah? [​IMG]

17. SpooPoker

Oh yeah? [​IMG]

I love going back in time [​IMG]

18. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

19. patrickBOOTH

Since I know next to nothing on the bespoke footwear process, can somebody enlighten me on a few things? When you are getting bespoke, since you are going that route to get the best fit you can how much say do you have on the style of the last? Will you always end up with something chiselled, or is that dependant more on which maker you are using? To some degree, since it is your foot, will you end up with a similar looking last regardless on which maker you employ?

20. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Since I know next to nothing on the bespoke footwear process, can somebody enlighten me on a few things? When you are getting bespoke, since you are going that route to get the best fit you can how much say do you have on the style of the last? Will you always end up with something chiselled, or is that dependant more on which maker you are using? To some degree, since it is your foot, will you end up with a similar looking last regardless on which maker you employ?

i had so much say that i never had to end up with something chisselled.

all the makers i used recommended a similar looking shape for my orders.