Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. janne melkersson

janne melkersson Senior member

bengal,
    yea, to bad but you got a point there. I ask my wife to make some trad swedish meatballs instaed to be on the safe side[​IMG]

Hey, welcome to my shop next month

2. iyorito

iyorito Senior member

Agreed.

If I may clarify, when you refer to Lobb, I presume you mean John Lobb Paris. If this is the case, as with Corthay and Aubercy, the designers are French. Specifically, they represent a far more progressive French or continental approach to shoe design than say the traditional English shoe design, West End or otherwise.

Perhaps a better way of looking at this is that the G&G design within the context of English shoemaking is a little more progressive. They are closer to what Anthony Cleverley was making when he was alive. His design was characterised by a sharper, narrower last that is sleeker due to the use of a blind welt (thanks Teemu for this bit of information). You can of course find this with the Anthony Cleverley RTW range as well.

My 2 cents, based on spending a week talking shop with William and John Hunter Lobb, Teemu-Pekka Leppanen, Emiko Matsuda and, of course Tony.

Emiko is beautiful isn't she? I'd take her over any fxxking shoes if you ask me.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Tight as shit but their maiden voyage was today! [​IMG]

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

5. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Emiko is beautiful isn't she? I'd take her over any fxxking shoes if you ask me.

lol

6. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Lookin' good Spoo.

Tight as shit though [​IMG]

8. Mr. Moo

Tight as shit though [​IMG]

Too tight, or tight but wearable? Either way, you can have a cobbler try to stretch them a bit... or thinner socks...

9. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

She is a wonderful person and very impressed with her knowledge of the craft. Being trained by Terry Moore is also a huge plus!

10. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Too tight, or tight but wearable? Either way, you can have a cobbler try to stretch them a bit... or thinner socks...
    Speaking of thinner socks, anyone have any recs? I have always used Pantharella as my thin socks, as I have found Marcoliani to be entirely too thick, but I would be open to more ideas. Also, lovin the shoes spoo.

11. mktitsworth

Just think of it as good for the soul, or shoe karma. You'll wear them and they'll stretch, and the fit will become like a second skin.

12. Mr. Moo

13. SpooPoker

Lengthwise, perfect. Width on the right foot is slim, but I know will break in over a few wears. Left foot, my pinky toe is still throbbing, walking with a slight limp at the end of the day. Gotta figure that out as I dont want to get rid of these... [​IMG] And the strange thing is that I am a US 9.5, pretty much perfect across the board. These are labeled a 9.5D...and G&G is always UK size tagged, right?
    Speaking of thinner socks, anyone have any recs? I have always used Pantharella as my thin socks, as I have found Marcoliani to be entirely too thick, but I would be open to more ideas. Also, lovin the shoes spoo.
    Polo makes thin socks.
    Socks are Pantharella.

14. Mr. Moo

Get em stretched... cobblers have little thingamajigs they put in where it's rubbing to make a bit of room.

15. mktitsworth

Get em stretched... cobblers have little thingamajigs they put in where it's rubbing to make a bit of room.

That could take time! My suggestion: It's time for a toe amputation.