Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Distinguished Member

Generally speaking mh71 is the safest & most user friendly last. Meaning it fits large chunk of people with ease. So no wonder he recommend mh71 last to you. Nothing wrong with it. End of a day it comes down to your preference & what you like. Mine favorite are deco’s (square & round), tg73 & then mh71.

2. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member

My apologies as this has probably been asked before.

Are people finding significant differences in width between E and F width in the same size?

3. grc1

grc1 Distinguished Member

Cliffes on the square deco last in vintage rioja calf.

[​IMG]

4. c21ban

c21ban Senior Member

I may change it to Round Deco as I am quite sure no production has started yet as I am now second guessing my choice.

Do you feel as though the Lasts fit you they same? I have no issue with the MH71 in 11E UK but have tried other lasts in this size (not Deco) and found them to fit much tighter and a bit uncomfortable. Just wondering if I would request a 1/2 size larger.

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Distinguished Member

For me all last fit the same comfort wise difference is at toe box. If you have tried any deco shoes or boot round deco will fit the same. I feel in round deco jodhpour it’s not as tight as lace up shoes. But I think it’s given since there is no laces. So go with whatever you like & feel comfortable with. And please don’t size up take your normal size. Other wise your feet will flip flop & this is Jodhpur !!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017 at 1:47 PM

6. grc1

grc1 Distinguished Member

A good thing to keep in mind is the type of shoe as well as the last - even if they're the same last, a wholecut will stretch differently than a shoe made of pieces of leather; a chelsea boot will wrap over the instep differently to a laced boot. Each person's foot will compromise differently against the shoemaker's given standard size and last; and even when you've found the size and last that comes closest to optimal, there will inevitably by some shoe types are more forgiving of the points on your feet where fit is suboptimal - for example, laceup shoes are more forgiving of my high instep, meaty forefoot and narrow heel, whereas monkstraps are a challenge and chelsea boots or penny loafers are hell to fit regardless of last. Hence all but one of my GG shoes are laceups.

7. c21ban

c21ban Senior Member

This is always the quandary when not being properly fitted by the maker but I trust the gentleman who I work with and he tells me to stay with the 11. May skip the initials in case that don’t fit properly and have to post them back on the forum!