• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

c21ban

Reaction score
I looked for the G&G shoes on KhakisocCarmel and didn't find them. I assume sold out.

c21ban

Reaction score
^ I did an online search and did in fact find them but nothing in my size.

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at the sale area, and not the link that was sent. Then press on each shoe to see the sizes remaining. All quite large I`m afraid, and interesting to note that the suede model had a sole that was not painted black at the middle, and didn't seem to have the raised part - any thoughts on this?

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
I can't get over how beautiful my new G&Gs are;

sf side.jpg
sf fiddle.jpg

Seemless heel too :inlove:
sf seemless heel.jpg

c21ban

Reaction score
Very nice! Congrats.

I just ordered a new pair of RTW to ensure proper sizing before I do MTO. This forum is the reason my wallet is getting so much lighter!

insy

Reaction score
Quick question regarding sizing:

I just received the Arran in 10.5 UK and 11 UK. The picture shown below is 11UK as I feel like I need the extra length of 11 compared to 10.5. What I am concerned about is the lacing, will it tighten up much more with the time passing by and be too narrow? Actually, the lacing seems fairly similar if I try on 10.5 UK, which confuses me even more!

fullsizeoutput_42d.jpeg

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, very happy and excited to get an image this afternoon of my perfect MTO which are completed now from G&G and can't wait for these beauties to come in. Hope to get them in 2-3 days now.
I choose the wholecut Deco last shoes which I absolutely love and got a custom patina on them done by the very talented G&G patina artist. They have surpassed all my expectations for the patina on this particular pair.

G&G MTO Deco square Wholecut shoes (Hint: Vieux Bios Patina)

IMG_1068.JPG

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question regarding sizing:

I just received the Arran in 10.5 UK and 11 UK. The picture shown below is 11UK as I feel like I need the extra length of 11 compared to 10.5. What I am concerned about is the lacing, will it tighten up much more with the time passing by and be too narrow? Actually, the lacing seems fairly similar if I try on 10.5 UK, which confuses me even more!

View attachment 804874
Your right foot is wider than your left, I observe in passing. Maybe you need to go down a width.

insy

Reaction score
Your right foot is wider than your left, I observe in passing. Maybe you need to go down a width.

Thank you very much for the reply. I actually noticed that my right feet is a bit longer than my left (right feet touching the end of the shoe but never the left one, in Carmina Simpson 10.5 UK), but never thought about its width.

By going down a width, what exactly would you recommend? Does that mean going rather 11D UK instead 11E UK or taking different widths for each feet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads