• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's very hard to get a brand new G&G for $400-$500 so I would say even $700-$800 is a great price.

With Mr. Porter, patience is a virtue, haha. I don't lose sleep over it if someone buys something I want.

papado

Reaction score
It's very hard to get a brand new G&G for $400-$500 so I would say even $700-$800 is a great price.

I totally understand--that's why I'm not really 'upset' for getting the Arrans for ~800. I'm more upset I paid $21 for a pair of pantherella socks which were $9 last night haha :rotflmao:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Mr. Porter, patience is a virtue, haha. I don't lose sleep over it if someone buys something I want.

I totally understand--that's why I'm not really 'upset' for getting the Arrans for ~800. I'm more upset I paid $21 for a pair of pantherella socks which were $9 last night haha :rotflmao:

IMHO You can only get some rejects or used G&G shoes on eBay or on sample sale for that price of $400-$500 and that too hard to find the model you like. Once I did buy 2 shoes from the Sample sale as well for $500 each but ended up returning as they didn't look or feel the same as brand new G&G shoes. Ofcourse that will be amazing if you ended up getting brand new G&G from Mr. Porter and their size is still in stock.
But this is my opinion only and others may differ.
I am thrilled to get G&G Arrans for $750 and looking forward to get them soon.
Usually I have paid around $1100-$1800 for all the G&G shoes RTW/MTO's . Btw the panthrealla socks you can return for free and order more if they still have in stock !! Cheers and enjoy the new shoes @papado .

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G&G Lamports on the TG73 today.

Bj2CgWe.jpg
Nice look, bro. Blows my mind seeing how you dress and you're in ND (not that I know Jack about the place, except from TV). :cool2:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO You can only get some rejects or used G&G shoes on eBay or on sample sale for that price of $400-$500 and that too hard to find the model you like. Once I did buy 2 shoes from the Sample sale as well for $500 each but ended up returning as they didn't look or feel the same as brand new G&G shoes. Ofcourse that will be amazing if you ended up getting brand new G&G from Mr. Porter and their size is still in stock.
But this is my opinion only and others may differ.
I am thrilled to get G&G Arrans for $750 and looking forward to get them soon.
Usually I have paid around $1100-$1800 for all the G&G shoes RTW/MTO's . Btw the panthrealla socks you can return for free and order more if they still have in stock !! Cheers and enjoy the new shoes @papado .

I would agree somewhat - I've picked up several New around 5-600. At this point my need for more is lower. If it was a style I wanted I'd indulge. But I'm not really dying for any styles right now. It's a decent price but different circumstances. I would've done the arran if it went to 70% off probably. But it hasn't so I've passed thus far.

Mr. Porter sale has gone down a tad bit in my book over the years. Glad I stocked up on my turnbull & asser shirts at 80% off. Those days were great. Haha.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice look, bro. Blows my mind seeing how you dress and you're in ND (not that I know Jack about the place, except from TV). :cool2:

Hah! Thanks. :) I'm classin' up the joint. I'm in academia, so I have a lot of freedom to dress how I like, although I don't go quite as eclectic as I'd like sometimes due to it being too extreme for the locale or whoever I'm working with that day (I try to stay in tune with how the people I'll be working with/meeting with are dressed). But I find being well dressed goes a ways especially when I'm working with the higher end of administration, politicians in the state and with corporate partners.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd think after 50+ pairs of dress shoes I'd be able to turn away a good deal, not in the cards. My wine purchasing is almost as irresponsible.

Sounds like you also need to get into scotch if you haven't already. :p Noting pairs better with a nice pair of leather shoes. :)

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd think after 50+ pairs of dress shoes I'd be able to turn away a good deal, not in the cards. My wine purchasing is almost as irresponsible.
We all need hobbies, mate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads