Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

With Mr. Porter, patience is a virtue, haha. I don't lose sleep over it if someone buys something I want.

2. papado

papado Member

I totally understand--that's why I'm not really 'upset' for getting the Arrans for ~800. I'm more upset I paid $21 for a pair of pantherella socks which were $9 last night haha :rotflmao:

3. saurabh

saurabh Senior member

IMHO You can only get some rejects or used G&G shoes on eBay or on sample sale for that price of $400-$500 and that too hard to find the model you like. Once I did buy 2 shoes from the Sample sale as well for $500 each but ended up returning as they didn't look or feel the same as brand new G&G shoes. Ofcourse that will be amazing if you ended up getting brand new G&G from Mr. Porter and their size is still in stock.
    But this is my opinion only and others may differ.
    I am thrilled to get G&G Arrans for $750 and looking forward to get them soon.
    Usually I have paid around $1100-$1800 for all the G&G shoes RTW/MTO's . Btw the panthrealla socks you can return for free and order more if they still have in stock !! Cheers and enjoy the new shoes @papado .

4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Nice look, bro. Blows my mind seeing how you dress and you're in ND (not that I know Jack about the place, except from TV). :cool2:

5. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

I would agree somewhat - I've picked up several New around 5-600. At this point my need for more is lower. If it was a style I wanted I'd indulge. But I'm not really dying for any styles right now. It's a decent price but different circumstances. I would've done the arran if it went to 70% off probably. But it hasn't so I've passed thus far.

Mr. Porter sale has gone down a tad bit in my book over the years. Glad I stocked up on my turnbull & asser shirts at 80% off. Those days were great. Haha.