Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

thats right - you dont think i wear them do ya????

2. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Luk - They are awesome! The sole treatments!

3. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

My Uppinghams have hit the ground in the US as well! :)

Don't get too excited though, the last time I ordered from Nick they took only two days to cross the pond but it took 10 days to get from US port of entry to my door. No duty was charged but obviously they sat in customs a while. Eventually Nick was able to obtain a US mail service tracking number, but I've no idea how. By the time we had tracked them down they were only a day away.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011

4. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

I will admit, that I do occasionally envy the sprint that RTW buyers get in buying. Then again...

5. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Glad you went with those excellent black oxfords. Black is ever so underrated on SF.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

+ 1

7. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

+1. I think he is still making daily sacrifice offerings to his seamless wholecuts.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

agreed. but once i was spending that kinda of dough, i wasnt about to settle for almost what i wanted. i wanted to get it as exact as possible.

thankfully i have other shoes to buy in the mean time to make the wait easier. oh hai carmina :devil:

+1 for the most part. certain things though, like suits and shirts i have a hard time buying online now that i understand fit better, and i dont have an otr build :(

those soles are IN-FOCKING-SANE :drool:

not by everyone :)

9. in stitches

I WANT TO GIVE THIS POST A GIANT +1

nick is one of the best people i have ever had the business of doing business with. extremely patient throughout my entire drawn out process, and as helpful as possible. and like you said, very quick to action. he does not make you wait, whether its emails or sending a package he is on it super quick.

i would without hesitation recommend him to anyone out there, and i look forward to buying more from him in the future.

10. mktitsworth

This is entirely why I've moved to a Bespoke/MTM/MTO mentality. I know that I am waiting longer for less quantity, but I am sick of having the same complaints because I settled. Though I have not done my business through Nick thus far (no disrespect), I don't doubt he deserves the admiration he's been receiving here.

BTW, on a totally unrelated note, has anyone else on the forum mentioned that G&G have plans to roll out belts and wallets?

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

First I was all :bounce2: then I thought about it a bit and Im kind of :plain: on it. I can't imagine anything special about either that would make me buy one.

12. in stitches

nope, i have not.

true, but im still :bounce2:

i would totally get a belt, just because it will be awesome and would in theory match my shoes perfectly.

13. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Perhaps in chestnut pin grain.

14. mktitsworth

The samples that I saw during the trunk show looked well made and stitched. You can see them in the background of this shot. I don't remember if I got some of them specifically. I will look later.

[​IMG]

My feelings are similar to both of yours I think. While I am not immediately inclined to go out of my way, I do need a new wallet soon, and so I'd be willing to consider picking one up to support them on it. The thing that would have me choose them over another high end leather goods merchant though is that I've met both Dean and Tony and I like supporting their kind of business.

15. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

yes i ask for them to be more deco like, so i think they look a little less aggressive than with some of the G&G's

i like black shoes, but i dont need to wear them all the time i like them in clean and simple design as with all dark tones too