• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing! Feeling pretty foolish for passing up on the Burnham GMTO... :fu:

I learned my lesson after passing on willow. Never pass up on a GMTO. You will always regret it after photos lol.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I knew that I won't be hit with monster duties I would be in for Burnham on MH71 F width rerun.

Just unreal.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And I'm the fool number three... Rerun?

I would probably be more ready in about another month or two after receiving two other G&Gs I'm waiting on. I would rather wait to ensure better fit first.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lesson learned when I passed up kudu st James 2 but not any more.

Glad I jumped on that one at least.

Anyway I think @Leaves mentioned he had someone at G&G looking at calf colors that would go with the next version of Kudu coming out for another Kudu calf St James.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Glad I jumped on that one at least.

Anyway I think @Leaves mentioned he had someone at G&G looking at calf colors that would go with the next version of Kudu coming out for another Kudu calf St James.

Hey I have totall of 5 G&G all ready three are on order lol quick question for you. Do you think red cognac box calf & vintage cherry same color? Or different if you know by any chance

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey I have totall of 5 G&G all ready three are on order lol quick question for you. Do you think red cognac box calf & vintage cherry same color? Or different if you know by any chance

I know G&G uses the description of vintage cherry, do they also have a color called red cognac box calf as well or is this from another shoemaker?

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score

I know G&G uses the description of vintage cherry, do they also have a color called red cognac box calf as well or is this from another shoemaker?

I think he means vass. G&G has a burgundy calf that nobody really orders that I think closer to vass's red cognac. Everyone just order vintage cherry.

Last edited:

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score

So vass red cognac box calf is sa,e or very close to GG vi tag echerry then is that what you are telling me?

yep, if you ask G&G to lay off the burnish on vintage cherry, yes that's the closest to red cognac.

Looking at burgundy for G&G now, seems my mistake Much closer to vintage rioja.. I bet vintage rioja took away its popularity.

Last edited:

Bumble_Bee

Reaction score

Scroo my life I guess I will be changing coor then to some thing else.

Hey you know what. Look up rosewood calf for G&G that's before they came out with all these vintage stuff. That's like dead on red cognac for vass.

Vint cherry is similar, but still different enough.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads