• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@TtownMD

Why not get the black Sinatra and apply some navy polish for a little depth?

I'm still liking the MH71 for the Sinatra, but TG73 is growing on me.

Cc @Ironist

Do you have an example of this?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This one is on GG's online shop, so you can order it from retailers as RTW price, but not all the retailers will do that, I asked Skoak, but I was told they are not allowed to pull stock inventory for the none Deco style on Deco last, then I asked another retailer in US, they can do that and the price is almost the same as Skoak's. Warwick is the only style on Deco last on GG's website now, hope could come more.

Um, we can do any stock pull from G&G, I have to speak to my team about that. Sorry you were misinformed.

lightseason

Reaction score
Thanks AndrzejJopek, really appreciate your kind words. I think a pair of racing green will be great.

AndrzejJopek

Reaction score
@TtownMD

Why not get the black Sinatra and apply some navy polish for a little depth?

I'm still liking the MH71 for the Sinatra, but TG73 is growing on me.

Cc @Ironist

Interesting with the Navy on Black.
I got some C&J black Weymouth whole cuts i may just try that out on to give them a different look.
The problem i find with black shoes is that they all look the same and it takes something exceptional like the Sinatra or Deco range to make them stand out.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting with the Navy on Black.
I got some C&J black Weymouth whole cuts i may just try that out on to give them a different look.
The problem i find with black shoes is that they all look the same and it takes something exceptional like the Sinatra or Deco range to make them stand out.

Navy polish on black is the most common one I've heard. Another that Steven Taffel of Leffot has suggested is Navy polish on burgundy.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Navy polish on black is the most common one I've heard. Another that Steven Taffel of Leffot has suggested is Navy polish on burgundy.

I heard of navy on burgundy and other colors and that makes sense because navy is darker so you can tell. But black is so dark it's hard to see it making as much of an impact.

Just looked it up in google:

Navy-Patina-lrg.jpg

https://www.hangerproject.com/blog/2012/06/29/navy-shoe-polish/

The most striking difference to me is that one was shined and the other was not. I can't see it can you guys? I think the point was to get it to be darker than black rather than bluish. I guess I'll try it on mine next time just for kicks.

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From that pic I would agree with you not much difference also ironist do you own jodhpur by G&G by any chance. Soak is getting them for fall looks very interesting.

Unfortunately no. I am in on the burnham though and by the look of my westminsters, it looks like deep cedar is a very rich and unique color. Should be great.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I heard of navy on burgundy and other colors and that makes sense because navy is darker so you can tell. But black is so dark it's hard to see it making as much of an impact.

The most striking difference to me is that one was shined and the other was not. I can't see it can you guys? I think the point was to get it to be darker than black rather than bluish. I guess I'll try it on mine next time just for kicks.

There is some nice depth to the shading!

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It isn't something I do, but it's not the first I've heard of it either and to be fair this is only one pair of shoes and one picture. If I remember correctly it can add a bit of depth.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Um, we can do any stock pull from G&G, I have to speak to my team about that. Sorry you were misinformed.

In widths too, or would that be MTO territory?

(I'm asking here instead of email in case anyone else would like to know.)

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In widths too, or would that be MTO territory?

(I'm asking here instead of email in case anyone else would like to know.)

Stock pulls are only in the same widths listed (E Width). No F Width's that I know of. Sorry!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads