1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

Let's get you a pair Decoman! They're calling your name. :)

Ah, many thanks! Those trousers are from a little US (Manhattan, formerly Brooklyn) based boutique called Epaulet. They have frequent MTO programs that I've hopped on and these were one of the products. Italian virgin wool super 130's, IIRC. The socks are Marcoliani OTC's.

2. Steven Cash

Steven Cash Senior member

Second update.

Dean has contacted me further and offered to fit toe taps for free if I pay the postage so in essence £30 for peace of mind isn't too bad a deal.

I think I will have toe taps (or at the very least pins) fitted to all shoes in future.

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Very generous offer for Dean as they charge quite a bit for flushed taps. Hope no more issues arise.

4. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

This is the epitome of fantastic customer service. Thanks for sharing.

5. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Not to split hairs, but wouldn't the epitome of customer service be if they offered a free replacement pair made from cordovan???

1 person likes this.
  6. atia2

atia2 Senior member

...and stitched with the split hairs.

This is a good result. You get toe taps installed at the factory (with an implicit guarantee against mishap) for what it would cost at a decent cobbler.

7. armsignet

armsignet Senior member

What, no complimentary bespoke upgrade???

1 person likes this.
  8. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

No keys to the store???

But joking aside, Dean is a really good guy. Great customer service skills.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I'm seriously amazed at the fact that he still personally responds to email inquires. I always feel guilty when he responds to my emails, like i'm keeping him from more important matters.

10. Faster

Faster Senior member

enjoy it while it lasts.

11. grc1

grc1 Senior member

Deco Strands in racing green

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

They are boss.

Racing green's just about my favourite G&G colour.

13. grc1

grc1 Senior member

Yeah, I like the colour so much I'm getting a second pair :lol:

14. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

Sorry, so net you are out 30 quid for their oversight...free toe caps ok, but net net you pay? Honestly GG....if you bore the postage you would have much more publicity and goodwill than you could ever have for having paid the 30 quid any other way. Sorry, but I`m not going the bandwagon that you got a great deal here. Toe caps might go for 100`s of quid or whatever, but you know what the cost of these are...5 quid, 10 quid? I`d say any mistake should be covered with goodwill and more, period. The customer should not be out of pocket for any mistake, postage or not. Thats the cost of doing business and keeping goodwill.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. grc1

grc1 Senior member

if one thing's clear, it's that the beauty of any deal is in the eye of the beholder. That's all that matters, @Steven Cash. Wear your newly-armoured shoes in good health. :cheers:

2 people like this.
  16. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

I have a feeling to fix the problem, which would've just been re-gluing the piece, it'd have been free. Instead they are doing toe taps which is more than fixing the problem so there's a little premium associated with it. However he's still saving a fair amount of money on the toe taps. Feels like a great deal to me

17. findingthingsou

findingthingsou Member

Has anyone gone through the bespoke process recently with GG? How was it?

18. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

[​IMG]

Tried to snap a quick picture on Santa Monica blvd....but thought it would be a little awkward so this will half to suffice. Cheers to the redeye back across the country! :(

2 people like this.
  19. grc1

grc1 Senior member

Deco Strands in black

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  20. Steven Cash

Steven Cash Senior member

That was exactly the agreement. Not sure why G&G would charge £90 for toe taps (particularly as Cleverley do this for free) though £30 is obviously much more reasonable and to be honest I wouldn't have felt sufficiently reassured with them just being re-glued.

They have arrived back today and the toe taps are a nice addition and of course functionally superior.

My biggest bug bear is that after all this G&G forgot to send my shoe trees back! [​IMG]

2 people like this.