1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Is the Savile made to a higher spec, or does it just include bespoke accessories (box, bags, trees)?

2. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Yes sir made with higher specs & hand made same type of offering they offer in their bespoke models !!

3. JubeiSpiegel

Wait, so you're saying it will be handlasted like a bespoke model, but on a RTW last? That is pretty amazing.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  4. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Yes with hand stiched appron at least that's what I was told after taking with max from the store.

5. grc1

grc1 Senior member

It is a beautiful shoe in real life - the pictures are representative, but having seen and handled them in person, I have to say they are pretty sweet. And that's coming from someone whose personal taste doesn't align to that style of shoe.

6. MoutonBarton

MoutonBarton Active Member

can I ask what's the difference between Rothschild and Gatsby, apart from the fact that the latter is dedicated for deco last? If I make the Rothschild into deco last, would there be no difference? Thanks a lot for the help

7. benjamin8451

benjamin8451 Senior member

Gatsby is on the high-end --- full deco, not MTO into deco last.

Presumably more craftsmanship and more fined finishing.

I am not exactly sure if the leather remains the same but it comes with deco shoe trees, whilst mto shoes made into deco last comes with natural shoe trees.

8. saurabh

saurabh Senior member

The leather is the same level for full deco and deco lasted shoes but the finishing for the full deco is better. Also, I have 4 pairs of deco lasted shoes and all come with deco lasted shoe trees. Infact @ttownmd had posted the picture deco lasted shoes trees as well few pages earlier.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  9. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

All G&G shoes are handlasted, but I assume you mean hand welted. Think that there must have been some misinterpretation, AFAIK Savile is standard factory specs with hand stitched apron and split toe (like Hove, Thorpe etc) but with patina and the bespoke bags and box to make it a bit special. It's not made to bespoke standard.

10. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

This.

11. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

Thanks for posting the second real-life-photo here, nmoore82! This is the handsomest monk strap shoe I've seen. Too bad monk strap shoes hurt my feet (though I suppose very fortunate for my bank account!)...

12. JubeiSpiegel

Thanks for the correction, it makes more sense now.

13. nmoore82

nmoore82 Senior member

Thanks grc1. Good to know they look beautiful in real life. I'm planning to get to the SR store in the next couple of weeks to see and handle it in person.
    I'm sure it will tick all the boxes and hopefully be an addition to the collection!

14. nmoore82

nmoore82 Senior member

Agree - they do look very handsome (been in awe of the model since the pics were first released!).

15. grc1

grc1 Senior member

Blue Mitchells on a (very) trying Monday morning :brick:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

So, you got the Monday Blues (figuratively and literally), huh? ;)

1 person likes this.
  17. AndrzejJopek

AndrzejJopek Active Member

Nice combo as usual !
    Ease your Monday by taking advantage of the special GG offer and getting some new Deco's.

1 person likes this.
  18. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

I'm going to pick them up. You can also order a pair on a different last and regular leather options for slightly less.

19. nmoore82

nmoore82 Senior member

That's great to know. Thanks for the info.

Earlier this year whilst visiting the store, I took the below picture of the bespoke examples and have always been in awe of the single monk apron stitched shoe (hence I was very excited when I saw the news of the limited edition Savile!).

@Diabolical - mind me asking what make-up you're thinking of for this model (if different from DG70 and in deep blue patina)?? If there's an option to change the last and leather, I'm thinking MH71 (favourite and best fit) and either vintage oak or vintage cedar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  20. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

So far i'm planning to go with the 10th anniversary edition version in the DG70, but i'm going to think it over. If I end up going with a different last, it would be MH71, but i'm not sure which leather.