1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

TtownMD, for those prices I am out[​IMG]. 3 years ago I had to send a pair of loafers to JMW factory. They costed me 400€ 15 years ago or so. I was quoted 165 € (plus shipping to Fr) and I was terrified (40% of the price of the shoes!!) . Finally I sent them because they were a gift from my french fiancee and I wanted them just perfect again. It passed a year since I received them and I got divorce.....lol. No more excuses for me, jajajaja.

2 people like this.
  2. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

I am with you on that one but most retailers take care of shipping etc & that so you just pay one flat fee at least the one I have dealt with have offered me that service like stcrispin, EB etc

1 person likes this.
  3. nmoore82

nmoore82 Senior member

It is very expensive to send them back to the factory. However, I do believe it is more of a complete refurb than a standard resole where the shoe is put back round the last, new lining, polishing etc so comes back almost brand new.

I got a quote from EG at the end of last year and that was just shy of £300.

4. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

Do not believe you have resole shoes already.[​IMG]

5. lucci

lucci Senior member

For your information, many of the Lobb, G&G or JM Weston posted or resold by other members either on SF, Ebay or thestylerush.com has been sold by me. Sonetimes at outrageously high prices or sometimes so cheap that ...some resold at at least twice the price I gave them. There are some that don't even reply to me when I try to buy back from them throwback shoes that I sold them. Don't worry about the quality of my items, they are well above average. And you may very well have some of my shoes in your closest. I did get my first JM Weston almost thirty years ago and my first Lobb very soon after. Keep your focus on the Gaziano & Girling thread and don't worry about my website and all that.
    Take care.

1 person likes this.
  6. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

You are absolutely right sir but I was curious so enquired about it with few brands & retailers that I buy from :D

2 people like this.
  7. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Uhm, Ok.

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Reselling Lobb subs at markup seems to have become a cottage industry, from what I've seen.

1 person likes this.
  9. justonemore

justonemore Senior member

As they say..."There's a sucker born every minute"... but honestly....I'm guessing that markup at regular resellers is quite phenomenal as well. I don't picture many amongst us on these threads will take Lucci up on his offer...but...I wonder how many of us would drop the same cash on the same shoe if it came in the guise of a gmto from one of the stores/online sellers we are familiar with.

That being said...The only thing I see on the actual G&G website going for $1'500 would be a pair of Burnham boots...Everything else is well below that.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  10. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

With all the skyrocketing prices I've slowly lost my desire to keep up with the cool shoe kids.

I'm surprised G&G's refurb is around 400 GBP. Typically refurb/resole prices are 1/3 of the retail. I might have to try to see how AS does their resole as their price-point is much friendlier.

In regards to Lobb, I'm glad that boat has since left for me. I tried a variety of their lasts but eventually gave up on them. I only have a pair of Ashley loafers and the only other Lobb I might pick up will be the jodhpur boot.

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I think there's seller's reputation is a big thing. The concern is always if something goes south how will the seller handle things. For example, when buying from eBay, even new, if there was damage or something, it's a hassle dealing with eBay/PayPal claims and all that. When there's a store (e.g., skoak, AFPoS, Leffot, etc.) usually there is a direct connection with the manufacturer, who can alleviate the issue. The former does not have that connection. As such, a second market seller will always have to provide a discount to rationalize the price difference vs. item/service guarantee.

12. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

^^^^you and me I am eying those jodhpur also SuitedDx

1 person likes this.
  13. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Gents, any suggestions for GG replacement laces, specifically for 3-4 eyelets? I can find longer ones ok enough, but not the shorter size. Thanks for the help, gents.

14. benf

benf Senior member

Saphir laces is available in several lengths including 75cm. Otherwise, if you email G&G they may send you replacements foc. EG did.

15. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

Cobbler Union has 60mm flat laces. I may have to order a few from here for my chukka boots and incoming Deco Wildes...

16. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Thank you to everyone that replied and PMed, much appreciated. :slayer:

17. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

PSA: There is one GG loafer in Woodbury Common in 9/9.5"D" (so narrower) for < $500

18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What model/store?

19. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

20. dijor

dijor Senior member

YO bro solid shoe!