1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

It should be noted that in the US, whether you pay import duties or not depends highly upon the method of delivery, IME. I have had to pay import duties on every item I've ever bought that qualifies for them when DHL or UPS was used as the method of shipping. When EMS was used, I have never had to pay import duties before, and I've received dozens of qualifying shipments through EMS internationally.

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

is this a fwocking small timer discussion about a few pence. you like the shue, you get the shue. it's that easy. no miracle included.

fwiw, actually, this fred lacks of pictures... ...recently.

3. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

It's more than a few pence, depending on the order, you could be paying up to several hundred dollars in customs fees. If there's a way to legally avoid those charges, why not discuss it?

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This may be your best post ever.

On a totally different note... just a reminder of how fucking awesome these are :

[​IMG]

5. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

big brother is watching you!!!!! :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  6. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Those are fucking awesome.

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

8. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Only if you buy me those first.

9. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Maybe it is a small timer discussion ... but the cost of a CJ Hangrade + DHL/UPS/Fedex fees + customs duty is more than G&G, so there is no harm is knowing which vendor works best for a small timer's pocket.

I recently had to pay duty to India Post, the national service which handles USPS shipments in India. This was the first time I had to do so with India Post while I have had to do so everytime with UPS/DHL etc. A recent Red Wing boots cost me more than a pair of CJ handgrades.

10. hatguy

hatguy Senior member

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a MTO pair of Grants in midnight navy on theTG73 last .
    How do you think this would look?
    Is the midnight navy almost black?
    If anyone has this model in this color scheme, can you please kindly post a picture?

Thanks,

11. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

F - I have some new Arrans, but didn't want to upset you by posting them.:evolve:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  12. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

http://ggmto.blogspot.com/2011/10/feeling-blue.html

There's a Navy Calf (aniline coloured) and a Midnight Blue Calf (crusted with a vintage look).

Navy is very dark.

13. luk-cha

i think it would look great, i nice alternative to black, i am sure there is a picture somewhere on here

14. Nick A

Nick A Affiliate Vendor

This is only my recommendation and cannot be guaranteed: I ship worldwide from the UK. If I use Royal Mail or Parcelforce Priority Mail my customers don't usually have custom problems. These companies use the local delivery service in the destination country which seem to be more lenient about attached documents & duties. If I use FedEx, UPS, or other couriers like these, the customs declaration is taken very seriously. If you are purchasing from the UK, try to ask which service the seller uses. Worth noting that if it's Parcelforce Datapost ( their fastest service ) even Parcelforce use FedEx in the destination country for their faster service so more detailed documentation is required so try to avoid. As standard I use the following: Royal Mail "Small Packet" International Signed For service...Parcels under 2KG's Parcelforce "International Priority" service...Parcels over 2KG's Please note that this is not a guaranteed solution but it seems to work. www.bespoke-england.co.uk

15. luk-cha

3 days in a row - i hate biz trips :-(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]