Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Depends on when they acquired their stock I guess. The lower prices are probably from an early batch. I have a reseller in Sweden that sells some of his stock from about £720 including lasted shoe trees. Hanly, Kent, Astaire about £720 including trees Gable about £810 including trees Wigmore about £860 including trees http://www.davidsonsskomakeri.com/gallery_96.html Tel. +46 18 140354.

2. claes500

claes500 Senior member

the DECO/ MTO spread has tightened somewhat as the DECO has only gone up £20 :D

3. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Correct, and remember that the Deco also includes trees.

4. badsha

badsha Senior member

What is the current MTO pricing? Also, toetaps are included in MTO pricing. UPS shipping is a concern, due to import customs/duties.

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

You are right, the lower prices are definitely from an earlier batch. I looked on that website a couple of months ago, and only the GBP 590 models were on the site then.

6. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

No concerns to the US.

7. commodorewheeler

Really? The last time I bought a pair of shoes (not from G&G) from overseas and the vendor used UPS, I had to pay customs fees on delivery with a personal check. This was just a few months ago.

8. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Well, we're talking about Bespoke here, not shipping in general. I stand by my statement.

9. commodorewheeler

I get it. I agree, no concerns with Bespoke England on that. Anyone know if there are any direct from G&G?

10. Leather man

Leather man Senior member

Please remember that its one of only a very few models they stock in F fitting. Also some of us were very glad to find Edwards of Manchester stocked all their G&Gs in F fitting ( there are a lot of men with wide-ish feet) and are now dissapointed to find their newer stocked models are in E fitting. I am told this is due to the influence of the Asian market - more customers of Edwards on line and Bespoke England are from Asia than anywhere else - hence the offering of predominantly E fitting shoes. For most English and Northern European men this is a rather narrow fitting.

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have heard from a few shoemakers, and merchants that most people in America think they need a much shorter and wider shoe than they really do.

12. chogall

chogall Senior member

Hmm I always thought Europeans tend to have narrower feet than Asians due to early exposure to shoe confinement.

Well sometimes its just simply not possible to go shorter/wider due to the lack of F fitting shoes in many lasts.

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

go to the bespoke england website and you can get all the pricing you need, but figure to the US with no VAT and with trees in the high 600 bps and up. iirc,

im pretty sure the toetaps are an extra 30 bps.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

No, I am talking about shoes in general, not just G&G

15. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Regarding taxes, shipping, etc from Bespoke: For non EU residents they will deduct the VAT at the time of check out and charge a flat rate for shipping (which I don't recall offhand). They ship via Royal Mail. Once the shoes arrive in the US they are turned over to the US Post Service. When the shoes come through customs in the US you may or may not end up paying import duties depending on whether or not they are noticed by the customs agents. The shipper has no control over this and no way to predict what duty will be assigned, if any. I just received a pair with no duty due. But that's just the luck of the draw I guess.