• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede Buccleughs (MH71) on a rainy morning.

AHS

domino123

Reaction score

What is your Brannock size? My left foot is size US9.25C, my right foot is size US9.5D, and the KN14 last in size UK9E fits me pretty well out of the box. I think that the KN14 runs narrower than the laceup lasts.

My brannock is 9d and fit perfectly in 8uk d width in mh71 and e width on the tg73. I got a chance to try on the kn14 at bergdorf in a 8e and it was way too big all around. I'm more like 7.5e in the kn14 last but can't know for sure bec they didn't have one to try. Strange about the sizing.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And in other news:
16703609067_0f3808d8ee_z.jpg
16288561564_a730711be2_z.jpg
@Ironist, when the dark oak Shannons arrive, they will join in on the fun! Too many bal boots I think... which to unload...
16724754969_483b2c1ef2_z.jpg
On the fence with these since the colors are pretty close:
16288561654_961d78a4a1_z.jpg

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And in other news:
16703609067_0f3808d8ee_z.jpg
16288561564_a730711be2_z.jpg
@Ironist, when the dark oak Shannons arrive, they will join in on the fun! Too many bal boots I think... which to unload...
16724754969_483b2c1ef2_z.jpg
On the fence with these since the colors are pretty close:
16288561654_961d78a4a1_z.jpg
What! How did you get those Canterbury!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are the two colors on that new bal boot? Really nice!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DpprDr

Nice pickup!

Can you please take a top down photo of the Hayes and Canterbury side by side? Curious to compare the toe boxes. Thanks.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dear All,

Thanks to all those that came out to the sale.

For those of you that were not able to make it, there is still some good news left.

Within a week or two's time, G&G will put up their leftover sale stock online for it to be made available for those that are not in England/London area.

However, you are kindly asked to NOT write/call them up and see what will be there, what the price will be, whether or not they can hold one for you etc. Please understand that just because Dean and Tony or whoever in their company are more accessible than that of most brands are, that the fact remains that sample sales are still very much a "First Come, First Serve Flash Sale" and will be treated as such without any special favors. (and I will purposely not know anything so please do not ask me either)

When the sale is live, everyone will be made aware, whether it on SF, my blog or through their email list.

That being, save up your pennies as there are still over 200 pairs left to be had (with a good range of sizes)!

Sincerely,

Justin

Whatever happened to this anyway? Did I miss something?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What! How did you get those Canterbury!

I was lucky to have a kind soul across the pond to get them for me! You still are +1 since you got 3 pairs, right?
Love that grey color.

Thanks!
What are the two colors on that new bal boot? Really nice!

Vintage gray & gray suede. The burnishing is great! It's like museum look.
@DpprDr
Nice pickup!
Can you please take a top down photo of the Hayes and Canterbury side by side? Curious to compare the toe boxes. Thanks.

I'll get this later today. The Hayes is slightly longer although the fit is definitely fairly comparable to the other lasts as I wear the same size on all of them (well, D width on the KN14 loafer).
Whatever happened to this anyway? Did I miss something?

Still waiting...if I'm lucky, @Ironist will pick them all up and save me some $.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is separate to the sale from Nick / Bespoke England?

Hmm, so you mean that the sale Justin mentioned earlier is actually the one that Nick is having right now? Has G&G outsourced all it's sale stock to Nick?

kenshin95111

Reaction score
How is Nick's/ Bespoke England customer service with everyone else during this sell? I asked him to hold a pair of boots for me, after waiting 9 days without a response, I emailed him for a response. It turned out he sold the pair during that time. Stuff happens. I asked him about a different pair of shoes, a present for my father, but he never returned my email. That was 8 days ago.

Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is Nick's/ Bespoke England customer service with everyone else during this sell? I asked him to hold a pair of boots for me, after waiting 9 days without a response, I emailed him for a response. It turned out he sold the pair during that time. Stuff happens. I asked him about a different pair of shoes, a present for my father, but he never returned my email. That was 8 days ago.

Same here, never got an answer to my email that I sent about a week ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads