1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. grc1

grc1 Senior member

Now if only I could claim royalties every time someone posted a pic in a similar pose - God the number of deco G&G's I could buy ... :lol:

Thanks for the compliments @nickrut, @TtownMD, @AndrzejJopek :cheers:

2. ieasti

ieasti Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Also posting my blue shoes collection. Deco MH71 and TG73

11 people like this.
  3. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Nice collection of blue. Shines look great too.

4. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

How versatile do you find blue shoes? I have a lot of navy / blue suede shoes & they get decent use especially during the summer.

However I was wondering about navy calf - I suppose it's good with a navy or blue suit. Do you find you're able to easily pair it with trousers / sportscoat? I suppose if it's a really formal style (wholecut) with a nice polish on it, it might be black tie appropriate with a midnight navy tuxedo.

1 person likes this.
  5. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

I am not a fan of Deco last, but I must admitt that they look spectacular on you. Furthermore, it seems the fit in all your decos is perfect. I can perfectly understand why you are the DecoShooMan.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. justonemore

justonemore Senior member

UPS had me waiting until 5:40pm. Of course my daughter needs to be picked up from daycare by 6:30pm...so all I got was a bit of a teaser (I did try on one of the Wigmore's before bolting through the door). Oh well. The kids will be asleep by midnight. Lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. nickrut

nickrut Senior member

Damn didn't realize you grabbed six pairs

8. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

6!!!! Did it still only cost you 60 pounds for shipping? Sorta regret not buying more. unfortunately budgeting occurred.

9. justonemore

At least I didn't get carried away and buy 12. Lol. I'll have to admit to borrowing a bit on my budget for this one & I don't imagine that I'll be in the market for new shoes over the next few months...but who knows? a good deal might come along, right? Lol.

10. niklasnordin

niklasnordin Senior member

This is pure greatness.

11. Viral

Viral Senior member

was there a sale? Deets!

12. Carl1955

Carl1955 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  13. Easily Amused

Easily Amused Senior member

"justonemore"?!? I think your name should be justsixmore :tounge:

Yeah, really bad humor, but it somehow fits ;)

Looking forward to unpacking and in-the-wild photos, sir!

14. justonemore

I sent you a PM with the "deets". This may date me a bit....but I had to google that one. lol.

15. justonemore

Ha. It might actially fit me a bit better... I usually wait for the "last pair" and "end of season" sales and then buy in bulk. lol.

I'll admit that I cheated on the unpacking a bit and tried on one of each pair this evening before calling it a night and wrapping things up before bed. I'll get some photos tomorrow when there's light outside. As for "in the wild"...well I'm going to at least get toe taps on them first.....I'm also considering toppies...With all the hills and cobblestones here they seem to make sense but I hate to cover up the nice leather...I can imagine they also help prevent slipping in the rain and snow....but it's still a hard call...I'll probably procrastinate on it for a week or so and hate myself for whatever decision I finally make...lol

16. ieasti

ieasti Well-Known Member

Never really had problems wearing them with suits, although yes mainly navy and the occasional blue suit, but I think it helps if you darken/burnish the toe a bit so it doesn't scream out for attention.

I must say though I don't wear the blue stingray as much I as I should, mainly with jeans as well.

17. grc1

grc1 Senior member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  18. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Senior member

Is anyone attending the factory sale this weekend? If so could I trouble you for a proxy? I have no issues compensating you for the troubles! :)

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Did someone sale sale?

20. NewStart

NewStart Senior member