• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

striker

Reaction score
Is that G&G latest shoe trees? I happen to like the old one better.

elstinnett

Reaction score

What did you order?
Someone has to buy the midnight blue Antibes that is listed on the FB page. Beautiful shoe. 

I went pretty simple and bought the Rothschild. I already have one pair of blue loafers...

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

go up 1 width instead of length 

This. I was never a fan of going up half a size to get a wider shoe; width makes more sense, and every SA I've dealt with has recommended this (Alden, GG, EG).

nmoore82

Reaction score
Today - Grant wholecuts

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the price range for the Bespoke England G&G's from the sale?

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Quick sizing advice help.

I wear an E width on EG 888 snug but comfortable. How does the MH71 E width toe box and forefoot width fit in relation to EG 888 in the same size?

Last edited:

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick sizing advice help.

I wear an E width on EG 888 snug but comfortable. How does the MH71 E width toe box and forefoot width fit in relation to EG 888 in the same size?

I wear the same size in both. MH71 may have a little more room and comfort for me.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have tg73 or other G&G last? If so what's your experience?

Ha Ha...well, I just listed the TG73 I received from Nick and went right back to him for another MH71. Just slipping the TG73 on, it felt close to the MH71 in the same size, but after wearing all day it was just a bit tight (I'm probably borderline US D/E on one foot). I even slipped the MH71 back on at the end of the day, and it is still perfect. I can see why some size up a width on TG73. I could probably break in the TG73 more, but I don't want to force it to work when the MH71 is better for me.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha Ha...well, I just listed the TG73 I received from Nick and went right back to him for another MH71. Just slipping the TG73 on, it felt close to the MH71 in the same size, but after wearing all day it was just a bit tight (I'm probably borderline US D/E on one foot). I even slipped the MH71 back on at the end of the day, and it is still perfect. I can see why some size up a width on TG73. I could probably break in the TG73 more, but I don't want to force it to work when the MH71 is better for me.

That was exactly my experience with tg73 last.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My experience as well, though in my case MH71 was already borderline, and TG73 definitely hurts and don't think it would work at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads