1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

They both will go well buy which ever one you like. And have prefrence for at end of day you got to make that choice.

2. justonemore

justonemore Senior member

How does G&G run on width usually with their standard "E" ?

3. Faster

Faster Senior member

Compared to what?

But they do run narrower than most other brands here IMO

4. justonemore

"compared to most others" was what I was looking for here......I assume an G&G is usually a bit narrower than an EG 82? A 12 E might be a bit tighter or quite a bit tighter? I'll have to find a few more examples a bit later...the wife and kids just walked in...

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank you sir.

6. mw313

mw313 Senior member

All styles that you chose are good. I have pairs in each and love the suede too. I started with the polo suede but the dark Browns can be dressed up but also worn down with jeans.

7. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

If you plan to order multiple pairs for your first GG order, I would invest some time in checking fit in a store (if possible). Not sure if BE still sends out test pairs, but I would suggest you inquire.

Better than selling a pair for a loss after the fact.

8. justonemore

Yes, I fully agree....and if I had that whole 6th sense type of thing going on I would have ordered that sample 3 months ago instead of sitting here guestimating and hoping like hell.... Unfortunately the situation is one where it's either bite the hook or ignore the bait....and at less than $600, I think I'm going to bite heavy and hope like heck...If it doesn't work out hopefully I can gift a few (my brother and father might not have the same taste in shoes however. I offered to gift my brother a pair of Vass boots once and he flat out refused them) or pass them on at the same cost and shipping to someone here at styleforum....Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is rather rare to find G&G at such a price, is it not?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  9. TtownMD

TtownMD Senior member

Brand new yes sample second you can or some time end of a season sale.

1 person likes this.
  10. justonemore

Ok. So you're saying that $600 isn't all that rare and that it might not be easy to move them even a bit below that (including trees)? I guess that's fair enough. I'm a budget/sales shopper myself...All of my EGs and Cleverley's were from last pair sales. Come to think of it, I don't believe that there's anything in my shoe wardrobe that wasn't bought "end of season" or "last pair". I think this time around I'll take the risk and if I end up taking a bit of a hit here or there, it probably won't be the end of days..I was hoping it might be a bit better deal than what you say....but I guess by now I should know better. lol...Thanks for the heads up in any case....

11. benf

benf Senior member

Thanks for the share. - does It mean that kudu is suspectible to drying out and cracking? Sorry, has had bad experience with this issue (Church's before Prada) - in a rosewood kudu/vintage cherry calf combination, does the Hermes red cream matches with the cherry calf?

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I believe GG is having their sample sale soon, so maybe you can wait to try your luck on one of those pairs. If you're getting new GGs with trees for $600 (from a reliable source), take them. Those are lightly used on eBay prices.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  13. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

I can't comment on drying out - I'm guessing that the Kudu is tanned that way and the result is visually beautiful. But it does not absorb a cream well. Perhaps a wax is more suited, not sure.

I can't comment on the two leather version and Hermes Red as I don't have it.

14. grc1

grc1 Senior member

So I've laced up the kudu Ishams for the first time.

It reminds me the first time I shaved my head back in college and looked at myself in the mirror. The "oh-God-WTF-have-I-done-it's-too-late-to-turn-back-now!" stage.

I'm hoping that I'll quickly progress to the "Hells-yeah-I-look-badass-with-my-shaved-head-and-anyway-it-would-take-too-long-to-grow-back-cuz-hair-is-now-thinning" stage.

At any rate, rather than flex them by taking any steps in them, I've put them back into the box. For now I think they look a LOT nicer there.

Try again tomorrow :brick:,

15. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Lol. ^ This is an awesome post. Kudu is cool. It might take some time to grow on you...

Not every style is for everyone.

16. NewStart

NewStart Senior member

Prob you need a Kudu in Deco last

17. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

come on G, this isn't like you . . . . nut up and get this done
    then again - NewStart may be onto something

18. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

--- everyone instantly double checking grc's size ---

1 person likes this.
  19. grc1

grc1 Senior member

With a double Vibram sole, storm welt and Norvegese stitching.

And blind eyelets. Mustn't forget the blind eyelets.

:smarmy:

OK, but will you still respect me in the morning?

:lol:

I feel strangely violated. But in a good way.

20. mw313

mw313 Senior member

haha is all i have to say to this! priceless!