• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano and Girling e-bay clearout £150 a pair!

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Perhaps it should be noted that G&G is also having a sale throughout July and August -- all in-stock shoes 25 percent off. Contact Dean Girling ( [email protected] )for availabililty. It appears that G&G is trying to clear inventory.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dean has nothing in my size, though, and the ebay shoes are all in cute little fairy sizes.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Dean has nothing in my size, though, and the ebay shoes are all in cute little fairy sizes.

Yeah, where are all the MANLY sizes??

(but you stay away, grimslade)

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Aren't you like a size 13 or something?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Aren't you like a size 13 or something?

I'm a 12. A 12 is a perfectly reasonable size. Let's not exaggerate (although iammatt once accused me of having size 22 shoes...).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 12. A 12 is a perfectly reasonable size. Let's not exaggerate (although iammatt once accused me of having size 22 shoes...).

That is perfectly reasonable. Haven't you mentioned at some point that you were 5'4"?
smile.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
That is perfectly reasonable. Haven't you mentioned at some point that you were 5'4"?
smile.gif

crackup[1].gif

plain.gif

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trickers and now G&G direct via ebay.

It would be nice to see more shoes, but it is a clearout.

rickblaine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Hey guys,

What's the widest fitting that G&G produce? Is it E? If so, how does that E compare with say Church's G fitting (in general)?
confused.gif

They produce at least F an G

Rossini

Reaction score
I see some odd ones went quite cheaply but what was the average price of the desireable shoes at the end of the auctions? From what I saw, there was quite a few in excess of £300 though I suppose this still represents good value.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kingstonian
Trickers and now G&G direct via ebay.

It would be nice to see more shoes, but it is a clearout.

Hopefully the other Northampton manufacturers won't get the same idea, as the ebay prices are getting above the factory shop prices.
plain.gif

Rossini

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Infrasonic
Hopefully the other Northampton manufacturers won't get the same idea, as the ebay prices are getting above the factory shop prices.
plain.gif

Could you elucidate please?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rossini
Could you elucidate please?

Lobb, C&J, etc. have factory stores in England. I think Lobb, for instance, sells shoes for 250 pounds, maybe 300 pounds for prestige line (mostly seconds, but hard to tell there's anything wrong with them).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads