1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gay question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FLMountainMan, Feb 11, 2008.

1. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

2. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wow. Black men actually have large penises - .

Just because the ones you've been with do, doesn't mean they all do. Don't stereotype dude.

Like Queen bees to honey...

Oh, I see what you did. "Queen" bees. I get it.

I think Conne has finally lost it (if he ever had it at all), I want to watch the insanity unfold.

Jon.

Just make sure you are fully shorn before watching [​IMG]

Sometimes I get angry when I'm drunk. [​IMG]

Given how often you are drunk, you are suprisingly pleasant most of the time.

3. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Given how often you are drunk, you are suprisingly pleasant most of the time.
    I'm a happy drunk (generally). I know guys who want to fight people everytime they get drunk. Me, I'm content with chasing butterflies and singing Judy Garland songs.

4. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

How's that kidney doing? When's the next time you're going to ask for sympathy?

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Just make sure you are fully shorn before watching [​IMG]

I'm always shorn. I learned from the best:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jon.

6. RJman

Baby WISmere?

7. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Baby WISmere?

most disturbing post ever.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Baby WISmere?

Baby Gay?

9. chiffonhead

chiffonhead Well-Known Member

being new here I don't get a lot of the inside stuff, but it seems to me that it could go either way. it's easy to call someone a faggot in the same way it's easy to call a woman a bitch or whore. it's just a word. some people use it as a jab and some use it in humor and you have to know when and how to use it.

however, I do think that the metrosexual movement probably brought a lot of "questionable behavior" to the forefront.

10. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Getting back to the original poster's question, I think homophobia and "queer consciousness" were far higher when I was a teen-ager 50 years ago:

The "queer" was invariably viewed as a hated outcast, abhorred alike of God and man. He was frenzied and insatiable in his pursuit of bodies, lust and sensation. He was always a predator with a special penchant for cute little boys to sate his depraved desires. He was the enemy of all straight men, and all straight men were united in their contempt for him.

There were all sorts of little ways you could detect the "queer"--by how he held his cigarette or examined his fingernails or whatnot. (Queers and women held their cigarettes between their index and middle finger; straight men held theirs between their thumb and index finger and used the little finger to flick off excess ash. When asked to examine their fingernails, queers and women would extend their fingers away from the body; straight men were supposed to cup their hands with the fingers pointing toward them, etc.) A lot of this was very silly, and some of it was deliberately silly--like the story that all queers wore green on Thursday as a recognition sign. Nonetheless, national magazines would actually print articles on how to tell if a prospective employee was a dreaded homosexual (that he would touch himself more than normal, was one of the "tells," as I recall). Other clues (more appropriate to boys' boarding schools, where I picked up much of this lore) were that gay men had larger genitals than straight men. Also, they were supposed to be poor at sports...and so it went.

As I remarked, "queer consciousness" was very high at my school, and the joking was incessant--far worse than on this forum. Boys who were actually suspected of homosexuality were universally despised and frequently cruelly ridiculed. Sample: A friend of mine quipped in the course of a group conversation, "All orphans are queer. Isn't that right, George?" George (who was both strongly [and correctly, I believe] suspected of being gay and who had been adopted) glared back at my pal and said, "Hanssen, I hate your guts!"

I sometimes think the pendulum may have swung too far in the other direction. Perhaps it's my age, but I can't accept absolute parity between homosexuality and heterosexuality. Nonetheless, I think things are much more humane and tolerant these days.

11. chiffonhead

chiffonhead Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's my age, but I can't accept absolute parity between homosexuality and heterosexuality.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean. can you elaborate?

12. RJman

I sometimes think the pendulum may have swung too far in the other direction. Perhaps it's my age, but I can't accept absolute parity between homosexuality and heterosexuality.
    So do you think teh gayz should be on top or on the bottom, if parity is not acceptable?

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

JLibourel, I'm reminded of this film: So who's one of Nature's Bachelors?

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I've worn a small diamond stud above a small gold hoop now since the late 80s. Was a ghey trendsetter? I have vowed to take them out in four more years (well, closer to three now), when I hit 40. There's ghey and there's being that guy, which I refuse to be.

Yes, yes you were.

Take the earring out and don't wait three years to do it! [​IMG]

FWIW, I went to an all-boys school for a couple of years. I remember it being extremely comptetitive to the point of visciousness, but I don't remember any gay jokes being made. I do remember a 15 on 15 brawl in the locker room after school though (our class was divided into two camps like in the Lord of the Flies). Then again, we were in grade 4, and the school soon after became co-ed.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Yes, yes you were.

Take the earring out and don't wait three years to do it! [​IMG]

Nah, waiting until the big 40. It's gonna be part of the party [​IMG]

16. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Nah, waiting until the big 40. It's gonna be part of the party [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you have an 80s haircut too? [​IMG]

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

[​IMG]

Do you have an 80s haircut too? [​IMG]

LOL, god no. Although I did do that "feathered" thing in the 80s, bordering on a mullet. Then again, so did 97% of all other kids back then.

18. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

JLibourel,

I'm reminded of this film:

So who's one of Nature's Bachelors?

LOL! I note that it was made in 1959, the very year I graduated from prep school.

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

most disturbing post ever.
    +1. [​IMG]

20. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

^^ And even SoCal will throw in the occasional "fag" directed at the Favorite Musical thread or some others, so one must assume that it doesn't bother him too much to hear it.

That's because musicals are for Fags; but, don't call me a fag.