• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gatsby

Dentata

Reaction score
Been doing some searching and have seen a lot of recommendations for Gatsby products. Very few people have specified which color they use though. So...what do you guys use? I'm trying to decide among the gray, purple, and yellow.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Try the Old Sport.

laugh.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have tried gray and pink, and I much prefer the gray. I believe it is called Grunge.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
movingrubberchartnewen.jpg

I think the orange one seems best for my hair but they're all kind similar. On eBay you can get lots of small tubs of each, you could get them all and see which you like best.

krillin

Reaction score
i have tried a few like the shiny one and wearing the matte one now. i've recently concluded that i hate this stuff! what i really like but difficult to order and find are hair sticks. you don't need to put them in your hand just roll them on your hair so your hands won't get sticky. the best i've seen were shwarzkopf osis+ and tigi bead head also has some but the stick is thinner.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to use the Pink one for my (then) short hair all the time. After growing it out some I still used the pink, it works really well. Tried the purple and Orange ones, they were soso. Right now though I use Uno products. I actually like them better than Gatsby for promoting and holding waves in my hair.

Dentata

Reaction score
Ordered the gray. Will post impressions when I receive it.

czjl

Reaction score
I've had a pretty good run with the green so far. Have Medium length hair.

kayumochi

Reaction score
I use the pink one for the first couple of weeks after a haircut and as my hair grows out I switch to the purple one. I am a white guy with thick dark blond hair and find this product works better than any other - and I have tried them all. I can shower at night, apply the product and in the morning can pretty much get up and go taking just a moment to style my hair with my fingers and possibly apply just a little more. I find this product does best by applying just a little at a time: I towel dry my hair, apply a small amount and wait until the hair dries naturally and then apply a little more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads