• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gator suede

Reaction score
I just picked up these Cole Haans, and I have a Kentucky derby party on saturday. I'm wearing white pants with a white and pink shirt and white and pink tie. Would these work??

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For YOU, they will not work.

You have no confidence in your own style, as evidenced by the question.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is a little harsh, don't you think? It might be a lack of knowledge, rather than a lack of confidence.

As it stands, saddle shoes are totally appropriate for a Kentucky Derby party. If you're not confident wearing them, and wouldn't feel comfortable in them, then no, they won't work for you. If you like them, though, then they'll pass muster just fine.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That sums up nicely, btw the tie and shirt combination sounds really bad.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, those shoes will work. In fact, they're awesome. But as to the outfit as a whole, I would change one of the pinks to blue- either a white and blue shirt (predominately white would be best) with the pink tie, or the pink and white shirt with a medium or dark blue tie. Keep the colors contrasted and in balance, that's all.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please don't wear faux alligator shoes anyplace :uhoh: There is nothing awesome about any faux exotic skin shoes.

real deal

faux

Last edited:

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please don't wear faux alligator shoes anyplace
uhoh.gif
There is nothing awesome about any faux exotic skin shoes.

real deal
I want both of those objects in my life. Is that a photo from the Armoury?

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty

real deal

Holy crap. I used to not like saddle shoes, but those I love

Reaction score

Thanks to all who actually addressed my question :) and just to let you know to the hater in this thread... The question was more of a are they in season... Not if it will look good. I personally don't care what people think so for somebody who doesn't know anything about me, you're a judgemental douche. Also to Mr. Monty, I am an 18 year old student so I can't afford real gator :(

And this is the shirt and tie.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who actually addressed my question
smile.gif
and just to let you know to the hater in this thread... The question was more of a are they in season... Not if it will look good. I personally don't care what people think so for somebody who doesn't know anything about me, you're a judgemental douche. Also to Mr. Monty, I am an 18 year old student so I can't afford real gator
frown.gif

And this is the shirt and tie.

Don't wear that shirt with that tie. The colors match too much, but the patterns clash. Make one of them a light blue solid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads