• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gas Grills

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I will be moving out to the burbs in the next month, and I'm looking forward to purchasing a gas grill. I figure that buying in the off-season might save me a few bucks. My current apartment building features 2 Bull 30" gas grills in the common areas. They are housed in their own dedicated space. I will be building my own outdoor kitchen at this time. What would recommend in the $500-1500 price range for a gas grill WITH cart? My priorities were something made from 304 stainless steel and enough BTU to achieve a good char on a steak. Adding features like a rotisserie or side burners is not a priority. Bonus points for easy cleanup.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, for wood-burning fantasy:

Attachments

• v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 108

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back to reality, our entry-level gave out last year and we upgraded to Weber Genesis II S-335 - no complaints

pastrystar23

Reaction score
So I will be moving out to the burbs in the next month, and I'm looking forward to purchasing a gas grill. I figure that buying in the off-season might save me a few bucks. My current apartment building features 2 Bull 30" gas grills in the common areas. They are housed in their own dedicated space. I will be building my own outdoor kitchen at this time. What would recommend in the $500-1500 price range for a gas grill WITH cart? My priorities were something made from 304 stainless steel and enough BTU to achieve a good char on a steak. Adding features like a rotisserie or side burners is not a priority. Bonus points for easy cleanup.

otto wilde grill. you can buy it at home depot. more BTU output then you can handle. it's portable,durable and made in Germany. same kind of infrared technology used by the best steak houses. and it's well within your price range. you don't need those big ass grills with low output. go for quality and ease of use.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just get a Weber Genesis II in whichever configuration suits your needs. Highly recommend a natural gas hookup if you have it or can install it, much better than dealing with propane tanks.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto Weber Genesis. I have the Spirit, the less expensive model, and it is absolutely first rate. Much better build quality than other gas grills, easy temperature control, everything cooks perfectly, enameled color of exterior surfaces is vivid and pleasing to the eye - it’s a fantastic grill. I’m sure the Genesis is even nicer.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hear hear. Have had a Genesis for going for on 11 years and have been not replaced the grill and flavor whatevers over the three burners. It’s always been hooked up to my gas and always performs excellently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads