1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Parties

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Nosu3, Sep 6, 2010.

1. why

why Senior member

Is that what trolls eat?

2. ama

ama Senior member

Is that what trolls eat?

Forrest trolls apparently.

In all seriousness I think OP is a foodie. I mean avocado frosting, come on, if that doesn't qualify you I don't know what does.

3. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

Forrest trolls apparently. In all seriousness I think OP is a foodie. I mean avocado frosting, come on, if that doesn't qualify you I don't know what does.
    I dunno, his post lacked the words sous-vide, confit, amouse bouche, or ____ oil (where the blank is something you wouldn't even expect to contain oil).

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

^ Don't screw with my confit.

5. ama

ama Senior member

I dunno, his post lacked the words sous-vide, confit, amouse bouche, or ____ oil (where the blank is something you wouldn't even expect to contain oil).

He forgot to mention it, but he also had his sous chef, a creepy wooden statute, extract both avocado and pumpkins oils to use in this perpetration. It ate very well as I understand.

6. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Forrest trolls apparently.

In all seriousness I think OP is a foodie. I mean avocado frosting, come on, if that doesn't qualify you I don't know what does.

He could use agar in that frosting, since it's from kelp.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Need something to stop the avocado from oxidizing also.

Oh yeah, and some CAKE to go with the "cake."

8. SField

SField Senior member

OP has to be a troll attempt.

It has to be because that food is absolutely terrifying.

9. ama

ama Senior member

He could use agar in that frosting, since it's from kelp.

He is a foodie remember? Agar agar is sooo 2009, he is all about the carrageen now.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

He is a foodie remember? Agar agar is sooo 2009, he is all about the carrageen now.

LULZ. So behind the times. Khymos was talking about carrageenan in his FIRST edition. lol lol lol lol. Wow dude, get with it.

11. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

in honor of this thread, I will submit sometime in the near future, a planned garden party by a cousin in law, where she will attempt to learn how to spit roast a whole pig, including the slaughter of the animal, the design of the roast, etc.

will try to include edited pics of the slaughter of course.

and will bring a watermelon/avocado "cake" to the party.

12. ama

ama Senior member

LULZ. So behind the times. Khymos was talking about carrageenan in his FIRST edition. lol lol lol lol. Wow dude, get with it.

[​IMG]

Methylcellulose A and B?

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

[​IMG] Methylcellulose A and B?
    [​IMG] Try Xantham gum and Gellan gum, sir. Although these are usually blended with other hydrocolloids like locust bean gum or guar gum to obtain optimal rheology. Now paypal me $50 for my shared knowledge!

14. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

[​IMG]

Methylcellulose A and B?

That's if he was trying to make vegan watermelon hot ice cream with whipped avocado cream.

15. ama

ama Senior member

[​IMG]

Try Xantham gum and Gellan gum, sir. Although these are usually blended with other hydrocolloids like locust bean gum or guar gum to obtain optimal rheology.
    Now paypal me $50 for my shared knowledge!

<----- molecular gastronomy fail [​IMG]

What is Gallan gum? I've heard and eaten (knowingly) the others. I don't know anything about Gellan gum or eaten it knowingly. PP incoming.

16. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

<----- molecular gastronomy fail [​IMG]

What is Gallan gum? I've heard and eaten (knowingly) the others. I don't know anything about Gellan gum or eaten it knowingly. PP incoming.

All your answers are belong to Khymos

17. ama

ama Senior member

All your answers are belong to Khymos
    Cool link, thanks. I love that kind of stuff. I'm going to buy some Gallen gum and play with it. I have had it it turns out. But lets get this threak back on track to DTville. LOL @ watermelon "cake."

18. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Cool link, thanks. I love that kind of stuff. I'm going to buy some Gallen gum and play with it. I have had it it turns out.

But lets get this threak back on track to DTville. LOL @ watermelon "cake."

Speaking of hydrocolloid use and getting this threak back on track, Matt and I ate at Alinea this weekend and were talking about how so many places do that kind of thing wrong. And how people focus so much on making food pretty/beautiful/picture-worthy that it doesn't taste very good. Then you come to this thread and realize that sometimes food is ugly as sin and probably tastes like shit, and you thank God that you don't have to eat that crap.

19. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Speaking of hydrocolloid use and getting this threak back on track, Matt and I ate at Alinea this weekend and were talking about how so many places do that kind of thing wrong. And how people focus so much on making food pretty/beautiful/picture-worthy that it doesn't taste very good. Then you come to this thread and realize that sometimes food is ugly as sin and probably tastes like shit, and you thank God that you don't have to eat that crap.

That's a very Jack Handey Deep Thought.

Did you guys play footsie?

20. ama

ama Senior member

Grant is going to kick your ass if he ever finds out you mentioned the name of his restaurant in this threak.